Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga

Hotel Xcaret

I have been looking at this hotel not cheap but does include 8 excursions averaging over $100.00 per person each excursions. Has anybody been to this resort? What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2664 posts
1897 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
antigua1999 wrote: I have been looking at this hotel not cheap but does include 8 excursions averaging over $100.00 per person each excursions. Has anybody been to this resort? What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance
It’s such a different concept then any other resort in the area. When I saw pre-construction plans I didn’t believe it would transpire but it has indeed. It’s a beautiful unique proper and 5* all the way in terms of amenities and quality.

The access to the eco parks is fantastic as easily 1 day at the park is over $100 pp CAD.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
BrunetteGirl wrote: It’s such a different concept then any other resort in the area. When I saw pre-construction plans I didn’t believe it would transpire but it has indeed. It’s a beautiful unique proper and 5* all the way in terms of amenities and quality.

The access to the eco parks is fantastic as easily 1 day at the park is over $100 pp CAD.
They show you a list of the parks and they aren't cheap like you said $100 pp and up. I read the reviews and they are good. I was hoping somebody on this site has been to give a review.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2664 posts
1897 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
antigua1999 wrote: They show you a list of the parks and they aren't cheap like you said $100 pp and up. I read the reviews and they are good. I was hoping somebody on this site has been to give a review.
I’ve stayed twice if that tells you anything. First time I went on business (Dec 2017) second time took my husband (Easter 2018). It was booked solid for a good chunk of the high season last year- I made the reservation for Easter during my Dec 2017 stay. They have had solid reviews and really high occupancy rates on their first year and did away with opening special discount; which is almost unheard of in that market.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
BrunetteGirl wrote: I’ve stayed twice if that tells you anything. First time I went on business (Dec 2017) second time took my husband (Easter 2018). It was booked solid for a good chunk of the high season last year- I made the reservation for Easter during my Dec 2017 stay. They have had solid reviews and really high occupancy rates on their first year and did away with opening special discount; which is almost unheard of in that market.
How many of the parks did you get too? We are thinking about 10 days hoping to get too all the parks but I think it would be too rushed with no relaxation.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2664 posts
1897 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
antigua1999 wrote: How many of the parks did you get too? We are thinking about 10 days hoping to get too all the parks but I think it would be too rushed with no relaxation.
I’ve been to all the parks over the years several times (Xcaret - Xelha & Xplor). My favourite is Xplor and Xelha.

The first time I didn’t go to any of the parks. The second time we spent a day at Xplor and half day at Xelha. We didn’t get around to xcaret.

I guess it depends on who you are travelling with too (we don’t have kids).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
BrunetteGirl wrote: I’ve been to all the parks over the years several times (Xcaret - Xelha & Xplor). My favourite is Xplor and Xelha.

The first time I didn’t go to any of the parks. The second time we spent a day at Xplor and half day at Xelha. We didn’t get around to xcaret.

I guess it depends on who you are travelling with too (we don’t have kids).
I have been to Xcaret a few times and loved it that's why I`m thinking 10 days to see the rest of them. . I can get 10 days for $2549.00 pp so far.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4136 posts
1678 upvotes
Toronto
antigua1999 wrote: I have been to Xcaret a few times and loved it that's why I`m thinking 10 days to see the rest of them. . I can get 10 days for $2549.00 pp so far.
wow?!?! for 10 days?!?! I just returned from Hotel Xcaret this past Sunday from a 7 day trip for the same amount!! Can you please PM me how you're getting that price? Is it from a member referral?

I booked the trip back in September 2018 and booked Casa Agua Garden Spa Suite (Garden view), but got upgraded to River View in the same Adults only Casa Agua building without even asking.

Was my third time going to Riviera Maya, and this was by far the most beautful property I've ever stayed at. I've been to the parks before as excursions from other hotels, but we did Xenses, Xenotes and Xcaret for the first time this time, in addition to doing Xplor, Xel-Ha and Tulum.

Kinda bummed we missed out on Xavages which is supposed to open in March.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
Repooc wrote: wow?!?! for 10 days?!?! I just returned from Hotel Xcaret this past Sunday from a 7 day trip for the same amount!! Can you please PM me how you're getting that price? Is it from a member referral?

I booked the trip back in September 2018 and booked Casa Agua Garden Spa Suite (Garden view), but got upgraded to River View in the same Adults only Casa Agua building without even asking.

Was my third time going to Riviera Maya, and this was by far the most beautful property I've ever stayed at. I've been to the parks before as excursions from other hotels, but we did Xenses, Xenotes and Xcaret for the first time this time, in addition to doing Xplor, Xel-Ha and Tulum.

Kinda bummed we missed out on Xavages which is supposed to open in March.
Right now at tripcentral 10 days leaving March 18 or 19th $2649.00 pp Garden Suite.
Nov 11, 2011
383 posts
460 upvotes
ROCKWOOD
My cousin went last year when it was just opening and had an incredible time. The pictures they have are so cool, they had dinner one night inside a cave restaurant and the access to the parks was the icing on the cake. The only thing is that she said it was kind of on the quiet side so if you are looking to party, it wasnt that kind of place.
May 3, 2004
22 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary
We went with our 3 boys and their wives June 2018 and it was the best resort holiday we ever done! And we have gone to resorts in Jamaica , Mayan Riviera, Cuba, Dominican , etc . Beautiful resort with private beaches , amazing eco parks and so many things to see and do that I am going back again soon ! It’s more expensive than other resorts but to me it was so worth the money! Food was awesome and scenery gorgeous! We didn’t have to pay eco park outings $100 per entry per person . You get special bracelets there that opens your room by flashing it, photos all over the resort using your bracelet , access to the eco parks, shopping at the stores , etc! No need for wallets or purses! Our kids loved that resort !
We swam in cenotes underground , a spa underground mud river , zip lining, atv drive thru waterfalls, over hanging bridges, thru rivers... amazing. At night one of the eco parks turn into flaming scenery where the zip lines , atv rides, etc are all lit by torches.
Only caution I have is don’t wear croc shoes when it raining at hotel! Husband wiped out on marble floors and did body slam breaking 4 ribs! Was on pain killers and muscle relaxants till we made it home. No way he was gonna end up in Mexico hospital on holidays.
Those marble floors are like sheer ice when wet!
Mid June had several rainy downpours and I think it’s rainy season then...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
wishbones wrote: We went with our 3 boys and their wives June 2018 and it was the best resort holiday we ever done! And we have gone to resorts in Jamaica , Mayan Riviera, Cuba, Dominican , etc . Beautiful resort with private beaches , amazing eco parks and so many things to see and do that I am going back again soon ! It’s more expensive than other resorts but to me it was so worth the money! Food was awesome and scenery gorgeous! We didn’t have to pay eco park outings $100 per entry per person . You get special bracelets there that opens your room by flashing it, photos all over the resort using your bracelet , access to the eco parks, shopping at the stores , etc! No need for wallets or purses! Our kids loved that resort !
We swam in cenotes underground , a spa underground mud river , zip lining, atv drive thru waterfalls, over hanging bridges, thru rivers... amazing. At night one of the eco parks turn into flaming scenery where the zip lines , atv rides, etc are all lit by torches.
Only caution I have is don’t wear croc shoes when it raining at hotel! Husband wiped out on marble floors and did body slam breaking 4 ribs! Was on pain killers and muscle relaxants till we made it home. No way he was gonna end up in Mexico hospital on holidays.
Those marble floors are like sheer ice when wet!
Mid June had several rainy downpours and I think it’s rainy season then...
Thanks for the great report. I am still sitting on the bridge about booking this resort. All the reports are great but not sure that is the vacation my wife and I need right now. Decisions decisions. lol
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
26316 posts
5326 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: Thanks for the great report. I am still sitting on the bridge about booking this resort. All the reports are great but not sure that is the vacation my wife and I need right now. Decisions decisions. lol
What kind of vacation do you want?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
Shaner wrote: What kind of vacation do you want?
To keep it brief 2018 was a bad year so as much as I love the idea of the experience at the Hotel Xcaret we are leaning to a more sit on the beach/pool and relax. We are leaning now to the Occidental at Hotel Xcaret. Its right beside the Xcaret park and you pay $244.00 cdn pp for unlimited use of the park. I`m thinking the best of both worlds. Go to the park whenever and relax the rest of the time.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
Ended up booking 10 days at the Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites. We splurged for a Platinum Deluxe swim out room. Going for total relaxation. Thanks for everyone's help.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4136 posts
1678 upvotes
Toronto
antigua1999 wrote: Ended up booking 10 days at the Platinum Yucatan Princess All Suites. We splurged for a Platinum Deluxe swim out room. Going for total relaxation. Thanks for everyone's help.
Thats where we stayed last year.... same room too, platinum swim out.

Sorry to say it, but Hotel Xcaret Mexico blows PYP out of the water, literally. The beach at PYP is so rocky too and tonnes of seaweed on the beach.... be sure to bring water shoes. Also if I were to goto PYP again, I wouldnt do a swim out room. They don't heat the pools for the swim out rooms so the water is absolutely frigid since they're all shaded for at least half a day (only the honeymoon swim out suites don't suffer from this). At HXM, all the pools are heated including the swim out rooms.

I honestly, don't know how any of these other hotels in the Mayan Rivera are gonna compete now... unless they drastically lower their price to get people in the door.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
Repooc wrote: Thats where we stayed last year.... same room too, platinum swim out.

Sorry to say it, but Hotel Xcaret Mexico blows PYP out of the water, literally. The beach at PYP is so rocky too and tonnes of seaweed on the beach.... be sure to bring water shoes. Also if I were to goto PYP again, I wouldnt do a swim out room. They don't heat the pools for the swim out rooms so the water is absolutely frigid since they're all shaded for at least half a day (only the honeymoon swim out suites don't suffer from this). At HXM, all the pools are heated including the swim out rooms.

I honestly, don't know how any of these other hotels in the Mayan Rivera are gonna compete now... unless they drastically lower their price to get people in the door.
I appreciate you trying to help but once somebody books you really shouldn't degrade their choices. If someone is deciding between resorts your comments would help but after somebody decides its just bad taste. Hotel Xcaret is a different animal and to get the best value for your money you need to visit all the park choices. We chose the relaxation vs busy. tks
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8573 posts
2347 upvotes
Mississauga
Returned Wednesday from 11 glorious days at the Platinum Yucatan Princess all suites and had the best vacation of my life. I have been to Mexico 10 times, Dominican 3 times, Cuba 1 and Antigua once all 4 stars and up mostly 5 stars and this resort beats them all 10 fold. Will return in the future for sure.
May 3, 2003
90 posts
17 upvotes
Anyone been to cancun resorts since they opened up on June 15th?
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10637 posts
3307 upvotes
antigua1999 wrote: Returned Wednesday from 11 glorious days at the Platinum Yucatan Princess all suites and had the best vacation of my life. I have been to Mexico 10 times, Dominican 3 times, Cuba 1 and Antigua once all 4 stars and up mostly 5 stars and this resort beats them all 10 fold. Will return in the future for sure.
we stayed here in Feb and loved it, what a great week. i spent probably 50 hours floating in my swim up pool and day drinking.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)