None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3504 posts
1053 upvotes
Mars
looking4deals1 wrote: http://www.carrentalsavers.com/index.html

I just reserved a car using this site which had the best rates.
both carrentalsavers and autoslash quote in USD not CAD, given the current exchage rate, that's more than 30% of what you see unless you use a USD credit card (conversion fees, surcharges by credit card).
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2774 posts
1065 upvotes
Whitehorse
Check your credit card's rules for CDW/LDW to see if they cover you when booking through intermediaries.

As for rewards program, Hertz probably has the best. The folks over at flyertalk voted it to be the best one. Indeed, these Gold Rewards points can be very valuable. Sometimes it can make sense to rent cars just for the points. :-)
Jan 3, 2013
849 posts
409 upvotes
Mississauga
forgetpwd wrote: both carrentalsavers and autoslash quote in USD not CAD, given the current exchage rate, that's more than 30% of what you see unless you use a USD credit card (conversion fees, surcharges by credit card).
Well of course I took the exchange rate and fees into consideration and it was still the best price by far.
Feb 4, 2014
4 posts
ontario
Check out redtag.ca
They have great rates for car rentals as well
Aug 23, 2009
360 posts
80 upvotes
is there a list of hertz coupons? looking to book a car in dallas july 22-25 but rates r so damn high!
sokolov wrote: Check your credit card's rules for CDW/LDW to see if they cover you when booking through intermediaries.

As for rewards program, Hertz probably has the best. The folks over at flyertalk voted it to be the best one. Indeed, these Gold Rewards points can be very valuable. Sometimes it can make sense to rent cars just for the points. :-)
Oct 16, 2002
819 posts
671 upvotes
looking4deals1 wrote: Well of course I took the exchange rate and fees into consideration and it was still the best price by far.
Can you give an address and example of dates where these sites gave a better rate than costco?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3504 posts
1053 upvotes
Mars
Roxasn wrote: Check out redtag.ca
They have great rates for car rentals as well
this one only gave me one company, AVIS, very expensive.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3504 posts
1053 upvotes
Mars
looking4deals1 wrote: Well of course I took the exchange rate and fees into consideration and it was still the best price by far.
for the days I searched, came out pretty much the same as expedia, even couple of bucks more on some occassions.
Jan 3, 2013
849 posts
409 upvotes
Mississauga
methyl wrote: Can you give an address and example of dates where these sites gave a better rate than costco?
I tried expedia, costco, hotwire and a couple of others. Car rental savers gave me the best rate for my dates with Dollar rental. $100.00 difference on a 3 day rental. Doesn't include additional driver and it may not suit everyone's needs.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1370 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
About to book with redtag for July. Awesome price for what and when I want. Anyone have experience with them? It's with one of the major carriers. No hidden costs or anythign I need to worry about with redtag?

edit: Well that blows, car I want is unavailable at this time. Why would they have it up for a certain price only for it to be unavaiable?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2774 posts
1065 upvotes
Whitehorse
walleye187 wrote: is there a list of hertz coupons? looking to book a car in dallas july 22-25 but rates r so damn high!
Autoslash lists CDPs and PCs. You can use them anywhere. Howeved, booking through Autoslash is nice, because they check your rate regularly for price drops and rebook if it gets cheaper.
May 10, 2016
5 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP, this works well for my car rental coming up
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7507 posts
1458 upvotes
Toronto
popcorneater wrote: About to book with redtag for July. Awesome price for what and when I want. Anyone have experience with them? It's with one of the major carriers. No hidden costs or anythign I need to worry about with redtag?

edit: Well that blows, car I want is unavailable at this time. Why would they have it up for a certain price only for it to be unavaiable?
It's called "bait and switch"...
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2607 posts
379 upvotes
Nepean
carrentalslavers is giving me the best rate. $150 versus $300 of other companies and sites.

Edit... found the cancellation policy.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1370 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
Inno wrote: It's called "bait and switch"...
That's too bad. Thought redtag was a legit company.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55712 posts
20549 upvotes
southnam wrote: carrentalslavers is giving me the best rate. $150 versus $300 of other companies and sites.

Edit... found the cancellation policy.
My costcotravel booking still beats the best quote (excluding Fox which is dubious) by $175 for 9 days at SEA.

This is my third booking after the price went down to $505. The lowest right now all in is $680.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)