Mar 25, 2006
239 posts
131 upvotes

Zero Tolerance 0450CF EDC Knife - $187.50

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
House of Knives
Listed $227.5, -$30 IR in cart, -$10 coupon (just google it, not sure if I can post it), free shipping. Retails usually around $275 at most places, MSRP over $300. Shipped from Canada, so no risk of getting confiscated at the border.

Deal link: https://houseofknives.ca/zero-tolerance ... ck-0450cf/ (edit: OOS now, possibly other deals to be had at House of Knives...)
Manufacturer's product link: https://zt.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/zt0450cf

S35VN steel, titanium/carbon fiber construction. Full review:
Last edited by schlouf on Jun 24th, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2015
4465 posts
2156 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ZT makes some SWEET knives.

Have had my 350 for 10 years.
Sep 15, 2013
761 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
They are built like tanks, but at the expense of weight. My 350 never leaves the house. Sure is pretty to look at though.
[OP]
Mar 25, 2006
239 posts
131 upvotes
BabylonDown wrote: They are built like tanks, but at the expense of weight. My 350 never leaves the house. Sure is pretty to look at though.
FYI, there is simply no comparison in weight between the 0350 and 0450CF...

0450CF:
Closed Length: 4.1 in. (10.4 cm)
Overall Length: 7.4 in. (18.8 cm)
Weight: 2.45 oz. (68 g)
0350:
Closed Length: 4.6 in. (11.7 cm)
Overall Length: 7.6 in. (19.3 cm)
Weight: 6.2 oz. (175.8 g)
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5498 posts
2105 upvotes
Debtario
Great knives, though mine also rarely leave the house and I leave my inexpensive sanrenmu beaters for the car/garage. Unfortunately I no longer EDC a folder because of over-sensitized coworkers, even opening a letter with a small folder is apparently reason enough to be ratted out to management for carrying a weapon at work.

There was a hot deal last year on ZT at amazon, too bad the Ti 801 didn't get shipped out due to insufficient stock http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-c ... 2-2083488/
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4331 posts
727 upvotes
Edmonton
I don’t own a ZT but hear people who own lots of knives love them. I guess not really different from spyderco. The knife seems inflated in price to start with and house of knives generally has a steep markup for folders. Pretty much any folder maker does.

If your feeling adventurous look up Brous blades based out of USA. Custom maker with same style of designs and a bit more flare. Roughly same prices give or take.

It’s pretty light and thin so don’t expect a chopper.
Blade Length: 3.25 in. (8.3 cm)
Blade Thickness: 0.121 in. (0.307 cm)
Closed Length: 4.1 in. (10.4 cm)
Overall Length: 7.4 in. (18.8 cm)
Weight: 2.45 oz. (68 g)
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
May 31, 2007
184 posts
42 upvotes
I am dying here.

Bought the ZT.... and then got the email for an opportunity for a Grimsmo Norseman....

Poor wallet.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1779 posts
1070 upvotes
Vancouver
Great deal, but folding knives definitely were my most useless hobby.

There are like 0 hobbyists around me and when I pulled anything tactical looking out to lend or use, most people were extra cautious since they just look intimidating. Nice to look and play with, but impractical to use around others.

Now I carry a Spyderco Roadie, it's too cute to scare anyone. but the euro-vg10 holds a good edge.

I only mention this for anyone who's getting too deep into the rabbit hole. It's easy to get carried away buying knives (and they re-sell poorly on craigslist), but really I just open packages with it, and you don't need a half serrated tanto or something for that.
Mar 7, 2017
681 posts
323 upvotes
Ham, ON
I like seeing these knife posts here on RFD, but the only problem is that there are not nearly enough of them, and the prices are not as hot as I would like to see. I have spent more money on knives as a hobby than I have on watches, guns, and tools (which is quite a lot), and I somewhat agree with @Sypsy in that folders have limited utility (****FOR MYSELF). Most of my heavy usage of knives comes from fixed blades that I rely on when I am in the backcountry for splitting wood, and other camp tasks.

That said, I would absolutely love to keep seeing more knife threads here, because although these folders have limited utility for my lifestyle (ymmv), I will absolutely keep buying them.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2674 posts
3557 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
DealFixation wrote: I like seeing these knife posts here on RFD, but the only problem is that there are not nearly enough of them, and the prices are not as hot as I would like to see. I have spent more money on knives as a hobby than I have on watches, guns, and tools (which is quite a lot), and I somewhat agree with @Sypsy in that folders have limited utility (****FOR MYSELF). Most of my heavy usage of knives comes from fixed blades that I rely on when I am in the backcountry for splitting wood, and other camp tasks.

That said, I would absolutely love to keep seeing more knife threads here, because although these folders have limited utility for my lifestyle (ymmv), I will absolutely keep buying them.
Curious, who's in your avatar?
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)