• Oct 12th, 2015 5:30 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 30, 2015
12 posts
Macdonald, MB

Household income on CC application

Question about this. I'm applying for the BMO World Elite card and with income, it asks for total household income. I live with my brother, but he wont be using the card.

It says the following:
Other Household Income is defined as the Total monthly/annual before-tax income from all members (excludes the primary applicant) that are of the age of majority within the household. Income sources include, but are not limited to employment, investment, alimony, child support, social assistance and rental income.
Should I put in his income there to help boost my chances of approval or no?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
2577 posts
257 upvotes
Calgary
MakeMeRich wrote: Question about this. I'm applying for the BMO World Elite card and with income, it asks for total household income. I live with my brother, but he wont be using the card.

It says the following:

Should I put in his income there to help boost my chances of approval or no?
Is he paying your bills? :razz: They asking for family income that can be used for payment not who in the family will use the card.
Mar 3, 2015
699 posts
95 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
just put $180k
and if its only you put $95k

and wait for decision, simple as that.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2014
1505 posts
560 upvotes
YVR, BC
some will ask for income verification via letter after application
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2015
1108 posts
214 upvotes
supertronic wrote: just put $180k

That would definitely be a RFD norm: Exaggerate your reality by a multiple of 10. :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
8125 posts
3457 upvotes
Financial District B…
supertronic wrote: just put $180k

This coming from someone who's stated he's on a disability benefit of less than 12k per year a few times in various other threads.
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Aug 27, 2007
453 posts
62 upvotes
604nation wrote: some will ask for income verification via letter after application
Not necessarily though

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)