• Jul 2nd, 2020 7:24 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
129 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto

How accurate is Kanetix map?

Just curious if anyone in the know can comment on the accuracy of Kanetix map.

https://www.kanetix.ca/insuramap

Is it really true that Vaughan/Richmond Hill has higher insurance rates than Toronto? I always thought their rates would be lower.

Are Oakville/Burlington really that low?
12 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14904 posts
15769 upvotes
Oakville
Why do you ask?
Yes, they are pretty accurate. In Toronto I paid $1400, then moved to Oakville and now pay $700. That said, my wife's insurance next month is going from $700 to $1200!!! Looks like insurance companies need to keep their profits up while the rest of us suffer.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
129 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
engineered wrote: Why do you ask?
Yes, they are pretty accurate. In Toronto I paid $1400, then moved to Oakville and now pay $700. That said, my wife's insurance next month is going from $700 to $1200!!! Looks like insurance companies need to keep their profits up while the rest of us suffer.
I am trying to decide of where to move potentially and car insurance is one of the variables - don't want to pay thousands of dollars if I don't have to. That being said the numbers you named are very low - and 1200 is average for Oakville according to Kanetix.

I feel like there is definitely collusion going on between the auto insurance companies but it is difficult to prove.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14904 posts
15769 upvotes
Oakville
MetalGear wrote: I am trying to decide of where to move potentially and car insurance is one of the variables - don't want to pay thousands of dollars if I don't have to. That being said the numbers you named are very low - and 1200 is average for Oakville according to Kanetix.

I feel like there is definitely collusion going on between the auto insurance companies but it is difficult to prove.
It's all relative. We're 40 with perfect record.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5081 posts
2697 upvotes
Toronto
Seems to be correct. I live in Vaughan and feel like paying more then Bramptorians
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35459 posts
9481 upvotes
Ottawa
MetalGear wrote: I am trying to decide of where to move potentially and car insurance is one of the variables - don't want to pay thousands of dollars if I don't have to. That being said the numbers you named are very low - and 1200 is average for Oakville according to Kanetix.

Accuracy is quite relative because I am sure there are people living in the lowest insurance areas that are paying a lot fo insurance...personal record, vehicles etc are differentiators.

I am quite sure it has everything to do with analysis and actuaries rather than collusion.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Nov 10, 2003
775 posts
162 upvotes
I would say the map is relatively accurate. When I moved from Toronto to Richmond Hill, my insurance almost doubled!

Based on the mapping, if I lived across the street, my insurance would drop by 30%. This is nuts!
Aug 6, 2017
521 posts
792 upvotes
Rates in downtown Toronto doesn't seem so bad according to that map.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14904 posts
15769 upvotes
Oakville
Kingsmen17 wrote: Rates in downtown Toronto doesn't seem so bad according to that map.
A lot less driving downtown compared to the burbs.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33987 posts
19825 upvotes
Ottawa
Good enough of a guage...
Sep 5, 2008
69 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Should be relatively good for comparison!
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3821 upvotes
Question is how quebec is so dirt cheap. BC & ON should follow suit
[OP]
Oct 30, 2017
129 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Messerschmitt wrote: Question is how quebec is so dirt cheap. BC & ON should follow suit
I wondered this for awhile too, why doesn't Ontario just copy the Quebec system?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)