Students

How accurate is the OSAP fund estimator on their website?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 11:14 pm
[OP]
Jan 7, 2010
52 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto

How accurate is the OSAP fund estimator on their website?

I've decided to get back to studying but I have some concerns about whether or not I'd be able to support myself during the study.

I looked around and found OSAP's fund estimator:
https://osap.gov.on.ca/AidEstimator2021 ... ml?lang=en

Has anyone use it before and compare it with what they actually got? Is it accurate? or at least, close?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2783 posts
2208 upvotes
GTA
I would say it is quite accurate but once you actually apply it will ask more detailed questions that could affect your total. I believe my estimate was a little bit higher than what I ended up receiving, but not by much.

Glad you’ve decided to go back to school. I did it and am close to graduating. It can be difficult as a mature student but is so very worth it. Good luck!
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
[OP]
Jan 7, 2010
52 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
moulamou wrote: I would say it is quite accurate but once you actually apply it will ask more detailed questions that could affect your total. I believe my estimate was a little bit higher than what I ended up receiving, but not by much.

Glad you’ve decided to go back to school. I did it and am close to graduating. It can be difficult as a mature student but is so very worth it. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree. It's worth the time spent to have some sort of educational background in this day and age.