• Last Updated:
  • Aug 31st, 2021 9:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12435 posts
2179 upvotes

How to adjust television so it doesn't look blurry during panning scenes

These aren't the correct terms but I don't know what to call them. I have a Vizio m55 and in scenes where the camera is slowly panning over a scene, the picture looks very blurry and kind of gives me a headache.

Can anyone assist what the name of this phenomenon is and how I can adjust for it?
2 replies
Feb 9, 2008
407 posts
329 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The feature you want is called frame interpolation, but has different names for different brands.
Sony calls it MotionFlow.
Vizio calls it Smooth Motion Effect. If your Vizio has it, it should be in your picture settings menu.

Video explanation:

Most people want it off, though.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6264 posts
2902 upvotes
Durham
slowtyper wrote: These aren't the correct terms but I don't know what to call them. I have a Vizio m55 and in scenes where the camera is slowly panning over a scene, the picture looks very blurry and kind of gives me a headache.

Can anyone assist what the name of this phenomenon is and how I can adjust for it?
Try reading the manual and then play with the adjustments.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)