None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4099 posts
563 upvotes
T.O.

How can I carry a 20' dock?

I have an SUV with a hitch, but I never carried something this long. It's made of aluminium and it's 20 x 4. Are there any trailers that long, or any other ideas?
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
6 replies
Oct 15, 2008
172 posts
71 upvotes
Windsor
Borrow a trailer and tow it home strapped to the trailer. Or, rent a Uhaul (or equivalent) and put it inside. Or, if it is light enough and you have a roof rack, you may be able to strap it to your roof rack and flag both ends. Good luck!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
963 upvotes
Post a Kijiji advert. Or look on Kijij cash deal.

Someone with a van or after hours work vehicle access will move it for you for cash.

Easier than you renting a vehicle, etc...
Originally Posted by uruha:
I saw a customer returning a book at Costco + telling the employee that the book was good.
Jul 27, 2009
750 posts
221 upvotes
toronto
JohnB wrote: Post a Kijiji advert. Or look on Kijij cash deal.

Someone with a van or after hours work vehicle access will move it for you for cash.

Easier than you renting a vehicle, etc...
good idea. someone with a car trailer or moving truck. Give details, weight, point A to Point B etc.
Mar 5, 2016
156 posts
58 upvotes
I would see if someone had a boat trailer. Typically theyre long enough, easy to strap stuff to. Ive seen this done before - its just a matter of finding one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4099 posts
563 upvotes
T.O.
toro17 wrote: I would see if someone had a boat trailer. Typically theyre long enough, easy to strap stuff to. Ive seen this done before - its just a matter of finding one.
uHaul trailers are not long enough. The truck is wayyy too expensive. So I think the boat trailer idea is probably best.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link