Automotive

How can I get the cheapest car insurance. Age 23 with G2 license- getting G soon.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2013 11:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3183 posts
110 upvotes

How can I get the cheapest car insurance. Age 23 with G2 license- getting G soon.

I'm 23 and had my G2 for well over 3 years now. I'm looking to get my G by the end of this month... and would like to get cheap used car with an affordable insurance. The quotes I get are around $500/month. :-0 And I don't have a bad driving history. No speeding, no tickets, no nothing.

Where can I get a buy a quality used car and at the same time, get insurance for under (or around) $200/month taxes included?
17 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22001 posts
2617 upvotes
You can't.

I'm paying $240/month for just liability on one car. I have G and I am around your age.

edit - probably depends on your area too
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3183 posts
110 upvotes
george__ wrote: You can't.
I assumed. What's the best insurance quote out there for 23 year old with G license?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19946 posts
5325 upvotes
Off the 404
Ask the magic 8 ball?

There is no such thing as a general 'best insurance quote' , too many different variables. You have to actually go around and do your own work to contact brokers and/or insurance companies to give you a quote with your information. Variables include but are not limited to, car model, car year, amount of driving per year, driver age, gender, location, experience, past history, etc.

Everyone pays a different amount because of where they live, what they drive, and other factors. You can't just throw out a number. Poster A may pay $180 /month, poster B may pay $800 per year, poster C may pay $220 per month. All you're gonna get here are people telling you to contact a broker/insurance company and ask, or throw out random numbers that mean nothing to everyone but that poster.
Jun 2, 2012
65 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
go look at sites like td meloche monnex, belair direct, desjardins, etc and look at their online quotes or get quotes from brokers.. mine was cheapest from belair direct
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1132 posts
287 upvotes
London
Move out of the GTA and be female. Or go under your parents insurance; although that has other implications. I've had good luck with belair.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14862 posts
1169 upvotes
Markham
Get a car that no one your age drives.. I was paying less the $180/month for my first car years and years ago ...
ShadowVlican
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3183 posts
110 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Ask the magic 8 ball?

There is no such thing as a general 'best insurance quote' , too many different variables. You have to actually go around and do your own work to contact brokers and/or insurance companies to give you a quote with your information. Variables include but are not limited to, car model, car year, amount of driving per year, driver age, gender, location, experience, past history, etc.

Everyone pays a different amount because of where they live, what they drive, and other factors. You can't just throw out a number.
I know that. I wasn't asking for an accurate quote but an estimated quote. Or to rephrase this question, what car insurance company offers the best insurance quotes to someone like me, with the right car?
Banned
Jun 2, 2009
2738 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
If you're getting quotes for 500, there is no company that will give you insurance for 200... its based on your location and experience. 3 years is pretty much brand new driver...I've been driving 10 years and pay around 220/month. Try johnsons i find them good price wise.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3183 posts
110 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote: Get a car that no one your age drives.. I was paying less the $180/month for my first car years and years ago ...
What car was that?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
3015 posts
268 upvotes
Kingston
An 85 pontiac 4 door and not living anywhere close to the GTA will help you reach that $200/m, but IMO it would a tad higher.

Chris
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2324 posts
586 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
Joshray wrote: I'm 23 and had my G2 for well over 3 years now. I'm looking to get my G by the end of this month... and would like to get cheap used car with an affordable insurance. The quotes I get are around $500/month. :-0 And I don't have a bad driving history. No speeding, no tickets, no nothing.

Where can I get a buy a quality used car and at the same time, get insurance for under (or around) $200/month taxes included?
Is that $500/month for just liability?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2700 upvotes
ON
Joshray wrote: What car was that?
Go to Kanetix, create a quote.
Then go to the modify vehicle section and start picking cars. See how it changes your quote.
Lather, rinse, repeat. I'm going to guess something Buick will be cheaper, as no young person would be caught dead in one. :)

And without length of history, you're not going to get much lower.
Nov 4, 2008
354 posts
25 upvotes
Joshray wrote: I'm 23 and had my G2 for well over 3 years now. I'm looking to get my G by the end of this month... and would like to get cheap used car with an affordable insurance. The quotes I get are around $500/month. :-0 And I don't have a bad driving history. No speeding, no tickets, no nothing.

Sounds like you live around Brampton. :lol: I had no choice but to pay close to $400/month when I first started driving living in Brampton(Couldn't go with the 'be under your parents insurance route'). But what I did was, I found a post in RFD where it talks about a list of insurance brokers and I sent a mass email (use BCC) to inquire about car insurance quotes. I gave them the data from Kanetix to work with.