Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 11, 2017
88 posts
24 upvotes

How can I get RBC Avion Infinite FYF

Anyone got FYF successfully?
Remember someone says if we have another infinite card, RBC will give FYF, I called, CSR wont give me FYF.
I have Scotia Momentum Infinite and Desjardins Oddyssay Gold Visa.
8 replies
Mar 9, 2012
710 posts
304 upvotes
As far as I know it's always been an on-going promotion. No proofs required, you just say you have the other card and they give you FYF for the first year. Strange.. did you try to call again to speak to another CSR?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1288 posts
1771 upvotes
West
Did you speak to the credit card department? If not, I'm pretty sure you can go in branch to apply with a financial advisor.

From my experience, there are lots of CSRs and tellers that aren't familiar with the promotion, so sometimes it just takes some persistence. I can confirm this promo was still in existence in December of 2016. A teller and online banking representative were unaware of the promo, but their credit card department and a branch manager were.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
3329 posts
1332 upvotes
Toronto
ccAmex wrote: Anyone got FYF successfully?
Remember someone says if we have another infinite card, RBC will give FYF, I called, CSR wont give me FYF.
I have Scotia Momentum Infinite and Desjardins Oddyssay Gold Visa.
What is the welcome bonus? How much is it worth in dollar amounts?
Jan 25, 2017
58 posts
54 upvotes
Elfwood wrote: What is the welcome bonus? How much is it worth in dollar amounts?
The welcome bonus is 15,000 RBC Rewards Points. Redeeming on the RBC Avion Air Travel Redemption Schedule, 15,000 points is good for a short haul flight; within or to an adjacent Province/Territory/U.S. State with a maximum ticket price of $350.

So your welcome bonus is worth as much as $350 which, if you can get FYF, is most definitely worth it. There is also NO minimum spend requirement to get the welcome bonus, all you have to do is make your 1st purchase with the card to get it!

Check out where you can go with your points here

Note that this card is good ONLY for redeeming for travel. If you want anything else, go with a cash back card.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3992 upvotes
BC
Elfwood wrote: What is the welcome bonus? How much is it worth in dollar amounts?
MountainView11 wrote: The welcome bonus is 15,000 RBC Rewards Points. Redeeming on the RBC Avion Air Travel Redemption Schedule, 15,000 points is good for a short haul flight; within or to an adjacent Province/Territory/U.S. State with a maximum ticket price of $350.

So your welcome bonus is worth as much as $350 which, if you can get FYF, is most definitely worth it. There is also NO minimum spend requirement to get the welcome bonus, all you have to do is make your 1st purchase with the card to get it!

Check out where you can go with your points here

Note that this card is good ONLY for redeeming for travel. If you want anything else, go with a cash back card.
Avion can also convert to Avios 1:1 and they have 30% or 50% promos often, so the 15k Avion could be 22.5k Avios.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2014
3329 posts
1332 upvotes
Toronto
ace604 wrote: Avion can also convert to Avios 1:1 and they have 30% or 50% promos often, so the 15k Avion could be 22.5k Avios.
Well now you have to explain what is the cash/redemption value of Avios :)
Jan 16, 2017
145 posts
37 upvotes
I haven't done this yet but I'm hoping they bring it back again soon. Last year they had a promo where they increased the signup bonus from 15,000 to 50,000 Rbc points but you had to spend $9,000 in 3 months. It's a lot but worth it if you can do it. Transfer the RBC points to avios during a 50% promo and you could be up to almost 90,000 Avios:

(1.5(50,000+9,000)) = 88,500

Anyone know if this cards bonuses are 1 time only?
Mar 9, 2012
710 posts
304 upvotes
Snipingallday wrote: I haven't done this yet but I'm hoping they bring it back again soon. Last year they had a promo where they increased the signup bonus from 15,000 to 50,000 Rbc points but you had to spend $9,000 in 3 months. It's a lot but worth it if you can do it. Transfer the RBC points to avios during a 50% promo and you could be up to almost 90,000 Avios:

(1.5(50,000+9,000)) = 88,500

Anyone know if this cards bonuses are 1 time only?
Never heard but looks like some amazing offers.
65K points is Long-haul: Europe From a major gateway in Canada/U.S. to destinations in Europe $1,300

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)