Tags:
[OP]
Mar 12, 2013
99 posts
129 upvotes
Verdun

How can we save a few on pre-orders?

Hi!

I wanted to preorder the New South Park Fractured but Whole Gold edition, but 110$ on steam/uplay is pretty outrageous.

Via my amazon prime membership, the 110, drops to 98$.

Looking around, greemman gaming has it digitally for 72us$ ( about 90can$)

Anyone know any other avenues?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3209 posts
1764 upvotes
Burlington
You can save a lot on pre-orders by waiting until a few months after it's released and take advantage of the steam winter sale. Probably save maybe 30-40%.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1099 posts
350 upvotes
OAKVILLE
Best way is to preorder more than 3 weeks before release. Order a bunch of games a year plus in advance and cancel the ones you decide you don't want. I have about 12 on preorder right now and will likely only keep 3 of them.

I ordered South Park like 2 years ago and had 2 different 30% off discounts applied so I am getting it for dirt cheap.
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6466 posts
1976 upvotes
toronto1979 wrote: I ordered South Park like 2 years ago and had 2 different 30% off discounts applied so I am getting it for dirt cheap.
Wish I had the hindsight to do that. I was hoping that game would be available on PS3 so when I saw it was PS4 only and I hadn't got one yet, I figured I'd wait it out. Now that I have a PS4, I kinda wish I could get it for dirt cheap like you lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2011
1099 posts
350 upvotes
OAKVILLE
BluePhirePB wrote: Wish I had the hindsight to do that. I was hoping that game would be available on PS3 so when I saw it was PS4 only and I hadn't got one yet, I figured I'd wait it out. Now that I have a PS4, I kinda wish I could get it for dirt cheap like you lol.
You can always cancel pre-orders. I have about a dozen games on pre-order... 7 of them come out in the next 6 months. I'll probably cancel at least 4 of them. South Park is a keeper for sure just based on the price. Then I have Assassin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein II, Far Cry 5, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, and Dead Island 2 to pick from. I'll see how busy I am a few days before release and decide then. Got them all locked in for $50 or less.
My Xbox Gamertag – KY JELLO
My Bell plan: $60/mo – 5GB, 250 LD, Bell-to-Bell, CD, VM, plus unlimited texting & evenings
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6466 posts
1976 upvotes
toronto1979 wrote: You can always cancel pre-orders. I have about a dozen games on pre-order... 7 of them come out in the next 6 months. I'll probably cancel at least 4 of them. South Park is a keeper for sure just based on the price. Then I have Assassin's Creed Origins, Wolfenstein II, Far Cry 5, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, and Dead Island 2 to pick from. I'll see how busy I am a few days before release and decide then. Got them all locked in for $50 or less.
I see that now but before I was only focusing on 1-2 games at a time. Now I'm going to pre-order anything that sparks my attention in the least.