None
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2628 posts
515 upvotes
Manitoba
What does this means
"Original engine and tranny crapped out so I replaced at 265k with 145k on new engine and transmission, body has 301,000k. " when he says km are 160000.

Edit

OK so I got some part of it

So the original engine and tranny last for 265k then he replaced them . The replacement engine and tranny had 145K and he has now driven additional 15K so 160K in total km now

But how come body is 301K because 265K+15K = 280K

Anyways , I don't know if it is worth to spend 7000 dollars on a car which has second engine and tranny... And he talks about body only . All the other car components mileage is also 301K. I can not say technically how the cars drive with a replaced engines and trannys.. Did you test drive it?

I once drove a repaired car after accident . This was a curbsider who did not tell me upfront that car was accidental but when I went there he told me this. There was no signs of accident anywhere but car drove like POS.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
Sounds like a backyard mechanic cobbled together a car and is trying to sell it. A 10 year old car that has over 300,000 kms on is not worth $7000....ever.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
5898 posts
5074 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Not worth - pass.

Value to seller is $6-7,000 but any buyer should only pay $1,500 at most for a high mileage frankencar like this.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
221 views on Kijiji and it's still for sale....there are some smart car shoppers out there...

$7000 for a 2004 Acura with all those miles and an engine and transmission that was probably rebuilt when installed (and no warranty, of course, to boot)! My suggestion is to run the other way!
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2628 posts
515 upvotes
Manitoba
CoreyT885302 wrote: Thank you guys for the input, I am dipping then LOL

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calg ... nFlag=true

How about that one?
LoL... Are you planning to post one car after another here till you reach your dream car.
anyways I have the same generation Honda Accord so I think I can add some value here other than the price as I am not great on it myself.
I had bought a 2003 Honda Accord in 2012 with 93000km on it for what I remember 9200+taxes but this was from a dealer. I was new and condition was mint for the age and I got it inspected form Vince( priority plus guy who closed shop. Those who know him would know what I am talking about) .. But I think I paid more

Ask the guy if the car consumes oil in between the oil changes. If yes how much? Other than this thing my car is still running great at 125K mileage now. There were couple of coolant leakages here and there that I had to fix ( not very expansive stuff) but otherwise trouble free car.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2504 posts
1609 upvotes
Calgary
are you looking for a honda/acura under 7k? in that case goodluck finding one. They are very hard to come by in calgary. Most of them are abused or with high mileage vehicles. There is a reason why that TL had its engine swapped. If I were you i would add up a bit more money and find something more decent. You best bet is to check out the online complaint boards for your car to get an idea as to what to expect.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22336 posts
2980 upvotes
The TL automatic transmission are GARBAGE so I'm not surprised that had to get replaced but why the engine?