• Aug 15th, 2017 7:40 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1656 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto

How to complaint a property listing much lower than Market Value. HELP

Good Day.
Please help me. I am so tired of seeing a property listing that listed much lower than the market values.
In this case, the location is in Vaughan. Listed for $1.08M but the recently/last properties sold were
$1.8M -$2.0M
They want everyone to present offer on Aug 16th.
The issue I have is.. I got SO Excited about that I can finally get a house/property

And now what I heard from my agent and his analysis is this is YET another tactic that seller real estate *game*

Please help.. how to I stop or make a complaint so that they at least list a "proper" or "close" to market value.

HELP.. I am so frustrated!

Thank you
Last edited by jurassic98 on Aug 9th, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
47 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7851 posts
8801 upvotes
jurassic98 wrote: Good Day.
Please help me. I am so tired of seeing a property listing that listed much lower than the market values.
In this case, the location is in Vaughan. Listed for $108,0000 but the recently/last properties sold were
$180,0000-$200,0000
The issue I have is.. I got SO Excited about that I can finally get a house/property

And now what I heard from my agent and his analysis is this is YET another tactic that seller real estate *game*

Please help.. how to I stop or make a complaint so that they at least list a "proper" or "close" to market value.

Thank you
Pretty sure they can list their house for whatever they want.... Nothing you can complain about.

Also, your commas make it seem like a $108K property selling for $180-200K. It should be $1,080,000, selling at $1,800,000- $2,000,000
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1656 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote: Pretty sure they can list their house for whatever they want.... Nothing you can complain about.

Also, your commas make it seem like a $108K property selling for $180-200K. It should be $1,080,000, selling at $1,800,000- $2,000,000
Thank you corrected.
So you are saying.. seller can do like ebay.ca offer for 0.01 cent and expect to get $1.8M in average house sold recently? Wow..
What I am saying irresponsible way to "attract" all the buyers then it is like oh... another tactic games that I fell on it?
Sigh
Banned
Feb 13, 2017
951 posts
1283 upvotes
In this case, the location is in Vaughan. Listed for $1.08M but the recently/last properties sold were
$1.8M -$2.0M

Thank you
Call 911 and report them immediately.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7851 posts
8801 upvotes
jurassic98 wrote: Thank you corrected.
So you are saying.. seller can do like ebay.ca offer for 0.01 cent and expect to get $1.8M in average house sold recently? Wow..
What I am saying irresponsible way to "attract" all the buyers then it is like oh... another tactic games that I fell on it?
Sigh
It's not exactly a nice thing to do to people, but when the market is hot and everyone is bidding, the sellers can get more $$ by starting a bidding war.

It could also backfire on them... attracting the wrong buyers and only getting offers below market value
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2013
1569 posts
1329 upvotes
Toronto
crocp8 wrote: Call 911 and report them immediately.
This. Also make sure to inform them that human rights were infringed.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3799 posts
463 upvotes
According to the bears if you wait another month that 2m Vaughan house will be priced right at 1.08m
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there. But it is still there... every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5768 posts
3612 upvotes
Flavour wrote: According to the bears if you wait another month that 2m Vaughan house will be priced right at 1.08m
Ya, I was thinking that sounds like fair value for Vaughan. Not to mention low ball listings with offer nights have been a normal tactic for years. Maybe OP has been in a coma since 2011. Or is trolling.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
This thread: You can't fix stupid.
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10978 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Flavour wrote: According to the bears if you wait another month that 2m Vaughan house will be priced right at 1.08m
From what I've seen from these threads $2 mln at 90% crash = should go for $200,000 by October? Then OP can own house, show mad skills?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
Maybe your Realtor shouldn't have sent you that listing.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2017
1226 posts
980 upvotes
GVA
Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean there is something wrong with it.
they are not breaking any law to sell anything at any price.
You may have ground to complain to real estate broad, toothless anyway, only if you present an offer without subject above the asking price for available to immediate close yet they refuse it and remain unsold/relist.
False advertisement? bad conduct of the agent?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
$1.8M -$2.0M

Thank you
I get your frustration but at this point market value is hard to even identify.

Also, this method usually makes the seller more money. I don't like the strategy but it works.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3301 posts
1486 upvotes
Also, are you trolling???

There are so many 4 bedroom houses in your price range right now in Vaughan.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: Pretty sure they can list their house for whatever they want.... Nothing you can complain about.

Did u say $108k property in Vaughan? Dont get the bears all excited... tho it would still be overpriced for some of them ;) JK bears dont down vote me, it was a good joke have a funny bone :)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
dgnr8 wrote: Also, are you trolling???

There are so many 4 bedroom houses in your price range right now in Vaughan.
Depends on area....
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2759 posts
1397 upvotes
$1.8M -$2.0M

Thank you
Sounds like a good deal. Why don't you buy it yourself? That will keep the supply down and you'll be able to bank some capital gains when it goes back up.
If you don't buy it, others will.
Sep 4, 2005
940 posts
64 upvotes
Which rock has the OP been living under? It's pretty much one of the oldest tricks in the book! (Doesn't make it "right", but it is what it is)..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)