Real Estate

How are condo townhouses doing in this market?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2020 4:14 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2019
345 posts
547 upvotes

How are condo townhouses doing in this market?

There has been a lot of discussions about detached doing really well and condo apartments doing not so well, but there hasn't been much talk about condo townhouses, which what is probably right in between detached and apartments.

Does anyone have recent experience looking into a condo townhouse?
7 replies
Aug 11, 2020
69 posts
29 upvotes
townhouse market is crazy these days, a lot of new developments and prices are not cheap
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8184 posts
2822 upvotes
Maple
Still has to pay monthly maintenance fee like condo.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14625 posts
10863 upvotes
teoconca wrote: Still has to pay monthly maintenance fee like condo.
Not nearly as high.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
5574 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto
towns with potl? they still doing well
Full-time Realtor
Apr 25, 2010
239 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not surprising that they're doing as well as houses, considering that they are houses. You pay a maintenance fee, but that goes to things like landscaping, or paying for roof shingle replacements etc.

Can't say if it's worth it or not; it's more of a preference thing, really.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2020
1302 posts
1787 upvotes
Some can go for a lot of money. For some people they may not want to do the maintenance of shoveling snow and mowing the lawn and so on. I actually think some of them can be really nice and the maintenance fees are lower. I have seen some in the suburbs with fees as low as 115 but they only cover snow shoveling and cutting the grass so I guess if one has a problem with their roof they will have to deal with it.
Dec 14, 2019
35 posts
13 upvotes
There are condo townhouses and also freehold townhouses with potl fee, some full freehold. I live in a condo townhouse, fee just under $300 a month, they replaced new roofs, our maintenance fees also cover snow shoveling, landscaping, monthly water fee. Freehold townhouses with potl fee probably just cover the snow shoveling and landscaping.