• Dec 7th, 2020 11:31 am
[OP]
May 4, 2020
195 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, On

how to delete account pic in win10

Hi
I am trying to follow the step in the video below but I could not find a folder called account picture folder in

c:\users\whatever\AppID\Roaming\Microsoft\windows\account picture

any idea why? or if you know better way to do that. Thank you very much.

3 replies
Oct 12, 2005
272 posts
75 upvotes
Markham, ON
By default, the "AppData" (not AppID) folder is hidden. You won't see it if you haven't enabled show hidden files. However, you can get to that AccountPictures folder by going to either:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures or C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

Just copy and paste either into the Address Bar in File Explorer and hit Enter.
[OP]
May 4, 2020
195 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto, On
chrishch wrote: By default, the "AppData" (not AppID) folder is hidden. You won't see it if you haven't enabled show hidden files. However, you can get to that AccountPictures folder by going to either:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures or C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

Just copy and paste either into the Address Bar in File Explorer and hit Enter.
Thank you for your reply. Why I did

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

I see a default pic.. look like user icon. I deleted that anyway but that is not the real user picture I want to delete. What I found after I typed the command about in Run--> %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

I went to

User1\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

User1 is the real name of the account to logon which has the picture in the logon screen. But When I go to C:\Users

I do not see any folders there with User1 , but I see different folders except User1.

I went inside all these folders and I do not see anything under AccountPictures

Now I am thinking, is that possible this account is on the cloud? I mean the picture? Thank you so much once again
Oct 12, 2005
272 posts
75 upvotes
Markham, ON
I'm not sure. Are you using a Microsoft Account (MSA) to login to Windows? I usually use my own local account.

Even if you use your MSA, the username on Windows shouldn't be simply "User1". Something's not right. If you are using your MSA for Windows, see if you can change or remove the picture by going to Your Microsoft Account Profile and then click the link below the picture that says "Change picture".