how do i authenticate designer bags

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2020 11:30 am
[OP]
Mar 11, 2020
160 posts
97 upvotes

how do i authenticate designer bags

obviously i would buy it directly from the manufacturer/or the retailer if i had the money. but i really like this bag and person is selling it fro ⅓ less than retail price. i've done enough searches on google about what to look for but what's going to prevent counterfeit makers from following those tips? also even if it comes with a serial number the counterfeit can still have the same number. i expect i'll be warned against it but i just wanna hear other types of opinions
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3265 posts
1620 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cream4389 wrote: obviously i would buy it directly from the manufacturer/or the retailer if i had the money. but i really like this bag and person is selling it fro ⅓ less than retail price. i've done enough searches on google about what to look for but what's going to prevent counterfeit makers from following those tips? also even if it comes with a serial number the counterfeit can still have the same number. i expect i'll be warned against it but i just wanna hear other types of opinions
If the price is right, then I'd say go for it. Almost half the population can't tell if it's real or fake, but to be really frank about it, no one really cares. Someone wearing a Jeezy's and someone wearing a Nike Jordans, I'd probably notice the Nike's from far and about. But even if it was to be fake, I don't know who ever really cares to ask.

Just buy it and be happy you have something. Make sure the price is reasonable for a fake or not.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
6286 posts
1190 upvotes
cream4389 wrote: obviously i would buy it directly from the manufacturer/or the retailer if i had the money. but i really like this bag and person is selling it fro ⅓ less than retail price. i've done enough searches on google about what to look for but what's going to prevent counterfeit makers from following those tips? also even if it comes with a serial number the counterfeit can still have the same number. i expect i'll be warned against it but i just wanna hear other types of opinions
Ask for a receipt, meet up at a store who sells them and ask the sales people to help authenticate it. or just ask the seller if its real or fake and if the person has no issue with the aforementioned, then you have a good chance of it being real.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius