• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 4:36 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jr. Member
Aug 20, 2018
139 posts
661 upvotes

How do I buy an RTX GPU?

Hey guys,

Apologize if this kind of thread come back often, if there is one already one for this I would be happy get it and ask question here.

I am looking for an 3070 RTX

I try to dig into the forum to find some tips and tricks here, I follow some twitter account but I can't be all the time following and jumping at the right moment.

I really don't want to buy from a scalper and was ready to wait as long as needed but really no luck so far.

Is there a way to be on a wait list or something similar?
Any pro tips for how to get one?

thank you
47 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 2, 2001
4736 posts
2179 upvotes
GTA
Bundles from Canada Computers or newegg, that's the only way. Bestbuy sometimes has them in stock but they sell out quick.
.
Newbie
Mar 22, 2019
22 posts
2 upvotes
BC
Some local smaller Pc shops have stock. Here they’re only a bit better than scalper prices however.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35914 posts
22041 upvotes
Center of Universe
BaptisteD81634 wrote: Hey guys,

Apologize if this kind of thread come back often, if there is one already one for this I would be happy get it and ask question here.

I am looking for an 3070 RTX

I try to dig into the forum to find some tips and tricks here, I follow some twitter account but I can't be all the time following and jumping at the right moment.

I really don't want to buy from a scalper and was ready to wait as long as needed but really no luck so far.

Is there a way to be on a wait list or something similar?
Any pro tips for how to get one?

thank you
Keep an eye on the below blog.
Depending on your region, you may have to camp overnight.
I was able to get a 3070 and 3060ti at the last two drops.

https://blog.bestbuy.ca/announcement/nvidia
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
7700 posts
1011 upvotes
Ottawa
Slight threadjack, does anyone have a guess when we'll be able to just walk into a Canadacomputers or Best Buy and buy a 3060ti, like we could a mouse or keyboard now?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35914 posts
22041 upvotes
Center of Universe
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Slight threadjack, does anyone have a guess when we'll be able to just walk into a Canadacomputers or Best Buy and buy a 3060ti, like we could a mouse or keyboard now?
Right now...
Memex and CC in Ottawa has some stock available for immediate purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
7700 posts
1011 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: Right now...
Memex and CC in Ottawa has some stock available for immediate purchase.
They're listed as out of stock on Canadacomputers; is their stock inaccurate (maybe they're selling so quickly they're not being entered into the system..)?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35914 posts
22041 upvotes
Center of Universe
ConsoleWatcher wrote: They're listed as out of stock on Canadacomputers; is their stock inaccurate (maybe they're selling so quickly they're not being entered into the system..)?
Have to go into the store to check stock of single cards.
Bundles can be ordered online for in-store pickup.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1291 posts
500 upvotes
Vancouver
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Slight threadjack, does anyone have a guess when we'll be able to just walk into a Canadacomputers or Best Buy and buy a 3060ti, like we could a mouse or keyboard now?
I'm assuming you mean buying a card at reasonable prices, but it'll probably not improve until next year at the earliest. There has been quite a bit of stock coming out from CC/Memex, but they get snapped up within minutes of being posted.

There is actually stock of GPUs in stores now, but only the ones that are priced really badly. Like a $2100 3080ti or a $1000 6700xt.

Currently your best bet is to line up at Bestbuy when they announce a drop. You don't even have to lineup that early either as long as you are not trying to get their most desirable cards.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 11, 2009
6125 posts
2650 upvotes
Debtario
Simple answer is: you don't. RTX GPU buys you!
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7148 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
Get 4 of your buddies and 3 suped up black civics and then you have a shot at getting RTX.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1293 posts
866 upvotes
Newegg also drops single cards semi regularly.
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
27835 posts
4137 upvotes
Montreal
Buy a pre-built. Keep teh card, sell the rest of the components.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
7700 posts
1011 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: Have to go into the store to check stock of single cards.
Bundles can be ordered online for in-store pickup.
So, it turns out that's what happened. I went into Canadacomputers, and they had a small selection of 30 series cards.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35914 posts
22041 upvotes
Center of Universe
ConsoleWatcher wrote: So, it turns out that's what happened. I went into Canadacomputers, and they had a small selection of 30 series cards.
Which location?
What was available?
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2012
555 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
I got my 3080 Ti from EVGA for below MSRP with my EVGA Elite Membership.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
7700 posts
1011 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: Which location?
What was available?
The location on Merivale.
They had a few (3 or 4) 3060 non-ti cards there.
I didn't really pay attention to the rest (I had decided earlier I wanted the 3060 non-ti), but I think they had 2 or 3 other 3000 series cards, and I think a 1650.

I had asked a cashier when it would get to the point where someone could just come in and buy a 3000 series card without getting lucky; she said that they usually have at least one 3060 non-ti in stock, and the rest are hit and miss.
Jr. Member
Oct 11, 2007
108 posts
89 upvotes
kijiji and you can overpay if you really want one.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 31, 2003
3106 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BaptisteD81634 wrote: Hey guys,

Apologize if this kind of thread come back often, if there is one already one for this I would be happy get it and ask question here.

I am looking for an 3070 RTX

I try to dig into the forum to find some tips and tricks here, I follow some twitter account but I can't be all the time following and jumping at the right moment.

I really don't want to buy from a scalper and was ready to wait as long as needed but really no luck so far.

Is there a way to be on a wait list or something similar?
Any pro tips for how to get one?

thank you
If you're close to a Memory Express try contacting them. Their website says it's all first come first serve, but they allowed me to go on a wait list and they called me the next day with stock of the card I wanted. Was happy to support them vs. CC for my PC build.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare

Top