Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1263 posts
954 upvotes
HAMILTON

how do I get a copy of my deed ?

Bought a property a # of years ago. Have all the paperwork from the lawyer showing transfer to me. . At no time after finalizing the transaction to buy the property did I get a copy of the deed showing it is in my name.

Property tax documents show me as owner and no mortgage holder ( which is accurate ).

Did the OnLand.ca thing for documents using the PIN and just shows me as the owner and shows the transfer to me 6 years ago ( cost me $33 ) but did not get a copy of the deed.

Now I have someone interested in the property and is telling me that their lawyer needs a copy of the deed......

How do I get a copy of my property deed ???

Now let me add that even If I don't need the deed for the property sale, I now want a copy of my deed anyways. I will further add that I am in the Niagara area and the property is in the Kawarthas so I truly hope that I am not expected to drive up there to get a copy of my deed.

Thanks
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
4625 posts
2271 upvotes
Toronto
its digital.
Full-time Realtor
Jun 7, 2017
944 posts
678 upvotes
BC
I would have expected the Ontario Land Registry to have that. Phone and ask?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1263 posts
954 upvotes
HAMILTON
Did call Land Registry who told me to go to onland and check out there .....

If digital, can I get a hard copy somehow ??
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3929 posts
3128 upvotes
luckystrike1 wrote: Did call Land Registry who told me to go to onland and check out there .....

If digital, can I get a hard copy somehow ??
Just print out the parcel register? You can print it out at land registry but it's literally a print out of the digital copy.

Parcel register is basically the deed equivalent in the land titles system which replaced the registry system

The next more thorough step will be a title opinion from a lawyer but that's really overkill and costs thousands of dollars and really never required except for complicated parcels that didn't get converted to land titles system because of lots of registered instruments and etc