Home & Garden

How do I know if my lawn fungicide package was seized at border?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2020 7:26 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1039 posts
265 upvotes

How do I know if my lawn fungicide package was seized at border?

I ordered some expensive Azoxystrobin concentrate (FRAC group 11) to compliment my group 3 Myclobutanil and Propiconazole for my lawn given I have zero wind in my yard and every summer a huge fungus problem on my lawn. According to USPS and Canada Post it made it to the border on the 7th of July. But everyday when I go to check statues the most recent date will appear with the same message "International item released from Customs for processing by Canada Post
Mississauga, ON" it will say that July 13, then July 14, then July 15... Is it a) seized and destroyed. b) actually still stuck in the inspection queue c) actually released and it's just Canada post is super slow with the large volume of packages?
canadapost.jpg
13 replies
Aug 29, 2019
976 posts
448 upvotes
It's just stuck in Canada Post Mississauga facility. My parcels get stuck there sometimes up to a week. This started happening since Covid-19.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1039 posts
265 upvotes
thanx. Out of curiosity, if something was deemed not allowed, do they just seize it without me knowing... I mean if it was minor and stupid like an imported baby walker...
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11767 posts
6955 upvotes
Paris
stansoltz wrote: thanx. Out of curiosity, if something was deemed not allowed, do they just seize it without me knowing... I mean if it was minor and stupid like an imported baby walker...
I think you are overestimating the vigilance of government and underestimating the slowness of government all at the same time.
Jan 10, 2017
296 posts
224 upvotes
Usually they will notify you if it was deemed illegal unless of course it’s narcotics. It’s stuck at Canada Post, don’t bother calling them either as they can’t even tell where it is or when it will be processed further - give it at least another week or two and then escalate.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1039 posts
265 upvotes
Nice. Finally. arrived today.

BTW, for future reference, I had 3 successful orders from seedranch.com in Florida - GrubEx, Myclobutanyl and Azoxy. It's expensive but seems to be the only way to get proper lawn care equipment.
azoxy.jpg
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17557 posts
12287 upvotes
Markham
stansoltz wrote: Nice. Finally. arrived today.

BTW, for future reference, I had 3 successful orders from seedranch.com in Florida - GrubEx, Myclobutanyl and Azoxy. It's expensive but seems to be the only way to get proper lawn care equipment.azoxy.jpg
I don't know what this stuff is but it makes me wonder when it gets thru the border by mail what else gets thru. I watch the show on TV called Border Security and I've always wonder how can they possibly scan everything and ascertain what's in it.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 7, 2017
30 posts
7 upvotes
East GTA
stansoltz wrote: Nice. Finally. arrived today.

BTW, for future reference, I had 3 successful orders from seedranch.com in Florida - GrubEx, Myclobutanyl and Azoxy. It's expensive but seems to be the only way to get proper lawn care equipment.azoxy.jpg
If you do not mind, how much doe you pay overall for a product..shipping and sundry....I was looking for some pre-emergent for next year and something for the creepinmg charlie that is infesting the yard
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1039 posts
265 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: I don't know what this stuff is but it makes me wonder when it gets thru the border by mail what else gets thru. I watch the show on TV called Border Security and I've always wonder how can they possibly scan everything and ascertain what's in it.
Yep, they can't scan every package. It's a lawn fungicide which keeps away 'brown patch' and 'dollar spot' which hits my lawn in the humid summer. Some might think it's lack of water but it's actually yellow/brown from summer fungus. This stops it and keeps my lawn green in the hottest of summers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1039 posts
265 upvotes
seedranch is in USD. I think for a bag of Scott's GrubEx I paid like $30 USD + $25USD shipping. For the fungicides, it ranges... $35 to $100 USD + $25-30 shipping. Once I got hit by UPS with an additional duty of $30 USD. So it's not cheap, but the only source I've found since Amazon stopped shipping this stuff to Canada
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
Last year I ordered same stuff from seedranch and it was caught at border and sent back to seller. They refunded me. I had bad brown patch last year but only one or two spots this year. I did get an email that said product not legal in Canada.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1039 posts
265 upvotes
Redfisher wrote: Last year I ordered same stuff from seedranch and it was caught at border and sent back to seller. They refunded me. I had bad brown patch last year but only one or two spots this year. I did get an email that said product not legal in Canada.
Seriously? So they send back and you get refund?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
stansoltz wrote: Seriously? So they send back and you get refund?
I got a notice from Canada post then I emailed seed ranch who issued a refund right away. I may try it again as I figure it’s a 50/50 chance.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)