Credit Cards

How do I redeem Rogers World Elite cashback without using the app?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 12:04 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 10, 2015
173 posts
58 upvotes
Canada

How do I redeem Rogers World Elite cashback without using the app?

They seem to make it hard. Can I do it from the web interface?
2 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10585 posts
12762 upvotes
Vancouver
On the website you can toggle automatic redemption on/off. Then wait for your next eligible purchase. I have no idea why Rogers makes you pick specific purchases to redeem against. Seems silly. Why can't you just redeem it for a general statement credit instead of hunting around for some line item o apply it to. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes this trend of financial services companies ignoring the web and making you use a smart phone app to do many things, and in some cases everything. Annoying.
Feb 2, 2007
915 posts
826 upvotes
GTA
Kiraly wrote: On the website you can toggle automatic redemption on/off. Then wait for your next eligible purchase. I have no idea why Rogers makes you pick specific purchases to redeem against. Seems silly. Why can't you just redeem it for a general statement credit instead of hunting around for some line item o apply it to. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes this trend of financial services companies ignoring the web and making you use a smart phone app to do many things, and in some cases everything. Annoying.
100% agree!

Just to add to the general annoyance, one has to rinse and repeat the process after a successful redemption; some time ago there used to be an option to "set it and forget it" to automatically redeem, but now the best you can do it is enable it for the "next" eligible transaction. :twisted: