It takes two to argue.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
3956 posts
1363 upvotes
GTA
monchichipower wrote: MInd your she aint successful at all.
"How's your solution working out for you?"
End of argument...
[OP]
Jun 9, 2020
10 posts
3 upvotes
shabby wrote: "How's your solution working out for you?"
End of argument...
its a journey not 10 minute mindset
im listening and resonate with influencer i believe of providing me value be it financial spritual social mental energy . of course not all of them i resonate with.
Aug 14, 2015
816 posts
530 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Motivational speakers are people with ADHD who couldn't sit on their desk for 5 minute working so they're always tempted by distractions like inspirational speeches to get through the day so as to feel like they've done something that day.

Don't fall into that trap. Just get to work and do it consistently. Swallow some adderall if you have to.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13091 posts
2184 upvotes
City of Vancouver
"Be first, be smarter, or cheat," from the movie Margin Call, sums up the current zeitgeist.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1786 posts
325 upvotes
Lévis
OntEdTchr wrote: This reminds me of this video that I saw recently.
Great find. thanks
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10204 posts
738 upvotes
Honestly, I would rather deal with these kinds of relatives than the ones that smile on your face but really are snakes that manipulate people behind your back.

They are the worst.

You can tune out loudmouth people but at least you can see them but snakes are silent but deadly.
Feb 7, 2019
192 posts
109 upvotes
I have the same type of relatives, but on a cometely different subject. Their subject is marriage - how it is crucial for a woman to get married. I think the best way to deal with them is ignore them all together and not say a word because those relatives just want to make you feel bad about yourselves and if you don't respond to them, like literally just sit there with a blank face and not say a word, they have nothing to say to continue.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2349 posts
1195 upvotes
Mississauga
I would refrain from commenting more on this post as I don't believe OP is presenting the complete picture. It also appears that OP listens to some social influencers and pays them for it, or OP is an influencer him/herself and making a living out of it.
It all sounds so confusing to be honest.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6634 posts
323 upvotes
"im listening social influencer on youtube"

There is your problem. All those "influencers" are full of shit and only spouting stuff off for advertising money. If you are basing your life behaviour off youtube videos, you need to try another approach.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2015
3232 posts
28052 upvotes
Toronto, ON
People that give advice put it together in their head. They're not much different than motivational speakers. In their eyes, they're doing you the favour. Some people hear it out, some people pay, some people like their drive and like putting things together themselves and don't care for others analysis. Polite or not, I think it's rude to interfere with people's lives. So if you're rude back, it's just a reaction that you're getting from the getgo from the other side. No need to go flying off the tracks but a point made might just be, in their eyes, the person's reluctancy to accept SOUND advice, in which case say to pass it on to someone else that cares cuz you won't have any of it. I like to change the topic so drastically that they get I don't want to hear it. It can be comical at times. Some people that I talk less with, I hear it out I guess. It's usually not for long.
Oct 17, 2008
494 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
LoL....few things come to my mind...

1) you are either Asian or have Asian relatives
2) your relative is lonely and has no achievements of their own so they project it on you as you are their only hope... :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1293 posts
383 upvotes
Antarctica
Brown Thug wrote: Who cares what your relatives think.
That's the perfect way to do it. Stop caring and live your life. I know it's hard with Asian/south-asian community but there's a limit to one's patience.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3662 posts
2462 upvotes
OntEdTchr wrote: This reminds me of this video that I saw recently.
SPARTACVS wrote: Great find. thanks
Hmmm I know that hockey example is from Malcolm Gladwell's book that's 20 years old. I didn't bother watching the rest from a guy who appears to steal people's work/ideas without crediting them for it.
Before responding to someone (online or offline) ask yourself: is it true? is it helpful? is it kind? is it necessary? This comes from an old Sufi adage that is so relevant today.