• Dec 22nd, 2020 9:38 am
[OP]
Dec 7, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
East GTA

How do you find the year of manufacturing for Eternity Winter Warriors

Hi Guys
I had a flat on the 401 west last week on the right passenger side and the tire got shredded, a friend advised me to get one tire from one of these shops in pickering.

The guy installed one tire said its from 2015, I had a closer look and it says 03JL does that mean it is from July 2003 or so.
The tires are Eternity Winter Warriors.
5 replies
Jun 18, 2006
339 posts
14 upvotes
Looks like those tires are directional should rotate only in one direction. Chances are the DOT code is probably on the other side of the tire (inside). Check the driver side tires and the code probably looks different than the ones on the passenger side. I believe they are only printed on one side of the tire and not both.
Penalty Box
Oct 13, 2008
4733 posts
1697 upvotes
zubinmatie wrote: Hi Guys
I had a flat on the 401 west last week on the right passenger side and the tire got shredded, a friend advised me to get one tire from one of these shops in pickering.

The guy installed one tire said its from 2015, I had a closer look and it says 03JL does that mean it is from July 2003 or so.
The tires are Eternity Winter Warriors.
DOT is a 4-digit code ... WWYY

http://www.checktire.com/
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1555 posts
428 upvotes
Vancouver
zubinmatie wrote: a friend advised me to get one tire from one of these shops in pickering.
Wait so you replaced one tire. So you've got 3 tires that are one brand and one tire called Eternal Winter Warriors which is a bottom of the barrel tire. Any reputable tire shop would not recommend replacing one tire they would recommend replacing in pairs and if AWD would possibly recommend replacing all four. Not to mention any reputable shop would never replace tires with different tread patterns especially snow tires. I honestly recommend you don't take any more tire advice from your friend and whatever tire shop you went to sounds sketchy too lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3634 posts
2264 upvotes
kev604 wrote: Wait so you replaced one tire. So you've got 3 tires that are one brand and one tire called Eternal Winter Warriors which is a bottom of the barrel tire. Any reputable tire shop would not recommend replacing one tire they would recommend replacing in pairs and if AWD would possibly recommend replacing all four. Not to mention any reputable shop would never replace tires with different tread patterns especially snow tires. I honestly recommend you don't take any more tire advice from your friend and whatever tire shop you went to sounds sketchy too lol.
Thats what people do to save a dollar by compromising everyone's safety. C'est la vie.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
East GTA
Thanks Guys appreciate the help,
This is my 2nd year winter driving, the current tires were with the car when I bought, hence I was planning to keep the tires for another year or so and buy a new set summer of 2020.
When I asked around I thought this is normal if one of the tire becomes unusable to get that changed.
Now I will get a whole new set, thanks again for pointing me in the correct direction.