Automotive

How do you make sure you're getting a fair deal on your trade in with a dealership?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2019 11:50 am
[OP]
Feb 10, 2018
210 posts
36 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: OP You deleted the post... Let me say I am not assuming anything about your situation and the financial decisions you made when you first bought this used car . But don't think that you will sell this car for a ton of $$. You will obviously get less with a trade in at the dealer.
Yeah I deleted the post because I thought it was not a right thing to say in a public. Apologies.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2018
210 posts
36 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: OP deleted the post you quoted. Maybe OP does not deserve RFD'ers help.... There is something fishy in this, OP is hiding important informations... How can we help him with good advices
What information do you need from me to prove I am not hiding anything?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4488 posts
2849 upvotes
OP long thread, short answer... There is no way knowing that you get a fair deal with a trade in at the dealership. The better deal in the deal you think is fair. With a 10 years accidented car, do not expect much. This is all I can say. I don't know how juch you how on this car, but be ready to even loose money.

People thinks that because it is a Civic it worth gold.... Dealers will see your 2010 Civic like any 1980 Lada... Sorry for this

I sincerly hope you will find a dealer like this one https://www.autotrader.ca/a/hyundai/pon ... 1566398595
[OP]
Feb 10, 2018
210 posts
36 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote: OP long thread, short answer... There is no way knowing that you get a fair deal with a trade in at the dealership. The better deal in the deal you think is fair. With a 10 years accidented car, do not expect much. This is all I can say. I don't know how juch you how on this car, but be ready to even loose money.

People thinks that because it is a Civic it worth gold.... Dealers will see your 2010 Civic like any 1980 Lada... Sorry for this

I sincerly hope you will find a dealer like this one https://www.autotrader.ca/a/hyundai/pon ... 1566398595
Yeah I am not expecting much on a 10 year old car. My point is I don't see a point in dumping money on repairs for an old car. May be I should have bought something better at that time but oh well we all learn from our mistakes. I was a first time car buyer & thought the car was good as new since it had only ~75k on it at the time.

Even if I end up getting close to 4 or 4.5k, I would be content with that. As a matter of fact I have made an appointment with a mechanic to go over the needed repairs & stuff to make sure I have an idea of what I should be expecting at the dealer.
Oct 21, 2006
363 posts
177 upvotes
selling it as is on kijiji was the right move for me when I sold my 13yr old Toyota, it was at a price point where the transaction could be done in cash, just count the bills carefully

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)