• May 5th, 2020 9:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 7, 2008
637 posts
159 upvotes
Leask

How do you start your lawn?

I paid someone to power rack and vacuum the lawn this weekend. Bought one of those manual aeration tool to aerate my lawn.

What else do you guys do to start your lawn? Also planning to put Scott Max fertizer to it soon.
5 replies
Nov 6, 2014
735 posts
1127 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Water and fertilizer. Remove any weeds. Cut and overseed.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4575 upvotes
Alberta
THINKPOD wrote: I paid someone to power rack and vacuum the lawn this weekend. Bought one of those manual aeration tool to aerate my lawn.

What else do you guys do to start your lawn? Also planning to put Scott Max fertizer to it soon.
Why didn't you get them to aerate it at the same time?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3907 posts
2852 upvotes
GTA
THINKPOD wrote: I paid someone to power rack and vacuum the lawn this weekend. Bought one of those manual aeration tool to aerate my lawn.

You paid someone to rake your lawn? Is this even allowed on RFD? Usually RFD members drive around night before garbage pickup looking for free old rakes and other garden tools. Paying for yard work?? Jeez, that's a big no-no Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
9352 posts
3047 upvotes
Assuming a healthy lawn not much. Rake a couple of times and cut. A healthy lawn is pretty much care free. Now getting it there is a different matter.
Discomfort is your friend