Students

How does the U of Alberta BCom program compare with U of Calgary's?

Jun 10, 2015
272 posts
89 upvotes
Canada

How does the U of Alberta BCom program compare with U of Calgary's?

Both are likely well regarded. Are they comparable?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2087 posts
1134 upvotes
Alberta
I did a BComm at the Haskayne School of Business in Calgary. Can't comment on UofA, but given that it's in Edmonton it most likely sucks :D
Jun 10, 2015
272 posts
89 upvotes
Canada
eblend wrote: I did a BComm at the Haskayne School of Business in Calgary. Can't comment on UofA, but given that it's in Edmonton it most likely sucks :D
How was the BCom program in Calgary? And when did you finish?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2087 posts
1134 upvotes
Alberta
redflagdealsnewb wrote: How was the BCom program in Calgary? And when did you finish?
It was good, I enjoyed all business classes...even Finance, which most people hated and thought it was the hardest class, at least as a required class. I finished in 2006, so a while back. My particular degree is a Bachelor of Commerce, Management Information Systems, it's not a heavily popular program, at least wasn't back in the day. Some of my favorite classes were things like accounting, marketing, operations management, things like that. Was lots of group work ect. For marketing class we had to market and sell Cutco knifes....so it was pretty hands on back then. Really no idea how things are now, but I know the school overall is good and it was a nice building back then, but haven't been back since I graduated, so really don't know how things are now. I know the school is respected and wins lots of awards in various competitions, and every evening and weekend you can see MBA students working away.

Sorry probably not much use...been like 16 years....holy moly I'm getting old..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)