None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1286 posts
617 upvotes
Regina

How to donate a percentage to charity

If I own a small business and wanted to donate a percent say 10% of a service to a charity how do I go about doing it?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2012
2025 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto, ON
waloshin wrote: If I own a small business and wanted to donate a percent say 10% of a service to a charity how do I go about doing it?
It depends...if you're going to publicly announce "10% of sales will be going to x charity" then you must contact x charity to receive permission. If it is a large charity then they will have a local branch in your city that you can contact. Getting permission will allow you to officially use their name, logo, etc. They will also give you a recognition letter if you'd like.

I have done something similar for my small business with the Red Cross.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1286 posts
617 upvotes
Regina
I would announce it pubically.
Oct 8, 2010
191 posts
44 upvotes
waloshin wrote: If I own a small business and wanted to donate a percent say 10% of a service to a charity how do I go about doing it?
When we worked with SickKids Foundation in the past, they set us up with their Corporate Partner department. We received a letterhead outlining our partnership to hang in our office as well as a time to come in and present a novelty cheque for photos.