Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24879 posts
4145 upvotes

How to escalate complaint with Rogers

I've been having a nightmare of an issue with my crappy Samsung Captivate phone. It's been ongoing since June and I have yet to receive a working phone. I'm wondering if there's a number or e-mail address out there of someone who is known to get results for Rogers customers? I've escalated through the normal channels and have gotten nowhere. Any ideas?

I know I'm going to get asked, so I'll explain my issue.

My Captivate hasn't worked since I upgraded to Android 2.2 (it works, but not properly, very glitchy, slow, freezes, etc, etc). I also have problems getting service in areas where I know there is a strong signal. I called Rogers and they had me send in my phone so they could repair it. That sucked as I had a non-smart phone for a few weeks, but whatever. When I got my phone back, nothing was different. They claimed to have "repaired several minor components." I honestly believe nothing was done, but who knows, I could be wrong. Either way, it still doesn't work properly. I called back, and had to send it in again. It came back and yet again doesn't work.

So I called in and demanded a new Captivate or iPhone 4 rather than have mine "repaired." They eventually agreed to send me a Captivate, but told me they would charge me $35. Despite my complaints, they said it's impossible to waive the $35 fee. The tech support lady also told me there is a known glitch with Android 2.2 on the Captivate. So they told me they would send me a Captivate with Android 2.1 and when I received it, I need to send my old phone back.

I received the new phone and it has Android 2.2 as well. Not surprisingly, they lied. I decided to try it out though hoping it worked normally. As it turns out, this new phone is defective. when I plugged my SIM card in, I can't receive cell or data service at all no matter where I am. I did all the trouble shooting with them on the phone and they said they needed to replace it with yet another one. The biggest kick in the nuts is when they told me I would be billed for yet another $35. Despite my escalating my complaints, I got nowhere.

That is all on top of being transferred from department to department, getting hung up on, and one CSR even told me she was going to escalate my call to a level 2 tech, and she ended up transferring me to Samsung and then she got off the line. I couldn't believe she did that. Samsung couldn't help me obviously as it's a Rogers issue.

Anyway, that's the situation. I'm very frustrated with Rogers right now.
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2007
6365 posts
211 upvotes
I feel your pain as while I've not had problems with my phone (yet) I've had major issues with charges from Rogers and I've spent countless hours on the phone with these idiots, only to have my call get cut off. What always burned my butt is that even though the fool on the other end had my home phone #, even when they "accidently" cut me off, they didn't bother to call me back. Now when I call them, I ask them to please call me back should we get cut off as it seems to happen almost every time I speak to them. I suggest you do the same. I wish I had some information to offer you but I don't. Every so often you will come across one of their employees who actuallly knows of what they speak but finding that person is a painstaking process. Hopefully someone will be along to help you with some advice. GOOD LUCK!!
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
205 upvotes
1. Call between 9-5
2. ask to speak to retentions
3. go into a rogers store & physically speak to them
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24879 posts
4145 upvotes
Kris81 wrote: 1. Call between 9-5
2. ask to speak to retentions
3. go into a rogers store & physically speak to them

I've done 1 and 2. Retentions has been just as useless as everyone else I've spoken to. The only thing they did different was agreed to send me a new phone without the apparent known glitch that is Android 2.2. The normal CSR's just kept saying I have to send it in for repair for a 3rd time.

Not sure how #3 will help me. the guys in store don't have any authority whatsoever.
Jun 1, 2006
859 posts
250 upvotes
Mississauga
I'm sorry I don't have any advice on how to get what you want but hang in there. Have you demanded to talk to their manager? Eventually you'll find someone that will help and make things right. Demand to have those charges reversed and demand compensation. From what you have described, they are definitely in the wrong and a manager should compensate you for that.

I'm not saying they do this all the time, but surprisingly, without my demanding, they compensated me over $600 for a $50 error.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
205 upvotes
Shaner wrote: I've done 1 and 2. Retentions has been just as useless as everyone else I've spoken to. The only thing they did different was agreed to send me a new phone without the apparent known glitch that is Android 2.2. The normal CSR's just kept saying I have to send it in for repair for a 3rd time.

Not sure how #3 will help me. the guys in store don't have any authority whatsoever.

I'm thinking more of a Rogers Plus store. And they have just as much authority as anyone you speak to on the phone.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24879 posts
4145 upvotes
Kris81 wrote: I'm thinking more of a Rogers Plus store. And they have just as much authority as anyone you speak to on the phone.

That's my problem, I apparently can't get through to anyone who has enough authority to do anything other than continue to send out crappy phones and charge me $35 each time. That's why I was asking for an e-mail address or phone number of perhaps someone who is known to get results.

I've seen the name Ellen Roseman thrown around here and she apparently gets results for Bell customers. I was hoping there was something like that for Rogers.
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
205 upvotes
Shaner wrote: That's my problem, I apparently can't get through to anyone who has enough authority to do anything other than continue to send out crappy phones and charge me $35 each time. That's why I was asking for an e-mail address or phone number of perhaps someone who is known to get results.

I've seen the name Ellen Roseman thrown around here and she apparently gets results for Bell customers. I was hoping there was something like that for Rogers.
Here's the thing. If you are going to the in store location, they should have it in the system that you have already sent out a phone for $35 & it came back with a problem. Essentially all of the talking you would be doing, they are doing for you. when they realize how frustrating it is & they can't do anything, they have to escalate it themselves, and it turns into their own problem. Last time we had a problem with our PVR I did the same thing, and the guy got so frustrated he just got someone else to over ride getting us 2 new ones for our trouble, haha.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7503 posts
965 upvotes
GTA
Your suggestion to contact Ellen Roseman may help you as I've seen her deal with Rogers in the past.

Also, they have a listing (if you click on 'make a complaint') of how to escalate:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus

It looks like your next step will be to contact the Office of the President and if unsuccessful, the Ombudsman.

You can also file a complaint with CCTS:

http://www.ccts-cprst.ca/en/complaints
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
24879 posts
4145 upvotes
I complained to the office of the president and the CCTS. We'll see what happens.

Thanks
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11316 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
The problem with complaining to the Office of the President is you have to get their attention still.

This will sound insipid but it works: go on twitter. Follow @RogersKeith, @RogersMary and/or @RogersElise. They work for Rogers and their sole job is to monitor social media and relay problems that deserve the OP's attention to them. @ mention them, they'll follow you, direct message them and they'll alert the OP.

Sounds stupid but it's relatively fast and they can get you a phone call from the president's office, which is what they call their highest level of customer service. I did this a few years ago, it works; it worked for someone I know from another forum, 2 days ago.

Aug 12, 2006
367 posts
134 upvotes
I'm hvaing an issue with Rogers too right now and I'm trying Twitter to see if it helps since CSRs on the phone and online help chat can't do anything.

My problem is this - I signed up for the Playstation 3 offer they were running in the summer. Got an email saying my submission has been recieved and approved and I'd recieve a confirmation # and tracking # when the PS3 shipped. Customer service had said that would take several weeks, so I wasn't expecting it until Aug/Sep, and since I got that email, assumed everything was fine.

Only now I still haven't got the tracking number, and calling customer service to find out what's going on they're saying my info apparently didn't actually go through for the offer, and now it's closed and they can't do anything. Which I think is bull, since they sent the email saying I was "approved".
Jun 18, 2012
1 posts
TORONTO
Without getting into much details as it makes me sooooo mad that I have to pay for the services I dont get. I have been with rogers for many years, like 6 or so. We had some troubles and it was hard to resolve them but now its umcomparable... I am having problem with rogers for 10 days now... Normally, it takes 48 hrs for tech to come if u r lucky ( I had 3 appointments so far) and nothing. Rogers make u make regardless, i am paying for the service i dont get leave alone the fact that i had to take off every time tech was supposed to come ( and last time didnt even show up) so yeah... to cancel its 30 day notice of service you dont get... they do not compensate you for ANYTHING! Associate have different answers to the same question you have. IT IS SOOOO BAD SO ITS NOT EVEN WORTH SIGNING UP WITH ROGERS CAUSE EVEN BELL HAVE SAME PRICE FOR same (5 gb more)
YOUR NERVES ARE PRICELESS!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)