• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2016 5:08 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2003
1215 posts
216 upvotes

How To Find Award Availability - Step-by-Step

Hey guys,

PointsNerd has a new series up that walks you through the step-by-step process used to find award availability. If you've ever wondered about how to search and book award availability, you should check this out.

There's even a video if you don't want to read through everything:

http://pointsnerd.ca/series/finding-award-availability/
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
llcooljayce wrote: Hey guys,

PointsNerd has a new series up that walks you through the step-by-step process used to find award availability. If you've ever wondered about how to search and book award availability, you should check this out.

There's even a video if you don't want to read through everything:

http://pointsnerd.ca/series/finding-award-availability/

It's useless at best. At worst, it's some kind of nonsense spam...
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2003
1215 posts
216 upvotes
Think what you want dazz. I'm putting this up because there is valuable information there.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2008
1074 posts
744 upvotes
Pickering
For full disclosure, are you the same Jayce from the site you mentioned?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
Very good effort to help. Kudos on that.
Your example is not really good.
I have flown from Ottawa to Europe many times on Aeroplan reward and have never made more than one connection. Ottawa to ether Frankfurt or London and then on to final destination.
The easiest way though is to call up Aeroplqn and get al the latest and most available seating from them. They can hook you up with all Star Alliance flights and make the trip start at your home airport instead o having to fly somewhere to begin your reward trip. There is no charge for asking but, if they find good routing and timing for you and you wish to take what they offered, they charge $35.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2003
1215 posts
216 upvotes
Hi Pete,

Good comment and while I agree that you can certainly get from Ottawa to almost anywhere in Europe with a stop, the purpose of using the route that I did was that you don't pay fuel surcharges using Swiss (the airline I recommended).

As an example, I just threw in some Aeroplan default search to go from YOW-MXP and return from GVA-YOW

As you can see, the taxes and fees are exorbitant. The taxes and fees from the example I posted were $134.05 per ticket.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)