• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2018 3:53 pm
[OP]
Apr 9, 2015
224 posts
118 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

How to find a finance rate?

I'm planning on purchasing my first car, but I'm not sure what kind of financing rates I should be seeing currently. On the manufactures website it lists 3.99%. Would this be offered at any dealer under that brand? Or will it be slightly higher to adjust for their dealer profits? Would I be able to get a better deal than the 3.99% by going to a bank and getting approved?
6 replies
Banned
Oct 10, 2016
758 posts
335 upvotes
slifer wrote: I'm planning on purchasing my first car, but I'm not sure what kind of financing rates I should be seeing currently. On the manufactures website it lists 3.99%. Would this be offered at any dealer under that brand? Or will it be slightly higher to adjust for their dealer profits? Would I be able to get a better deal than the 3.99% by going to a bank and getting approved?
All depends on credit history could also be higher. You'll have to try to see what rate they'll give you. Congrats on the first car. What are you getting?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2996 posts
1536 upvotes
AB
slifer wrote: I'm planning on purchasing my first car, but I'm not sure what kind of financing rates I should be seeing currently. On the manufactures website it lists 3.99%. Would this be offered at any dealer under that brand? Or will it be slightly higher to adjust for their dealer profits? Would I be able to get a better deal than the 3.99% by going to a bank and getting approved?
Yes, 3.99% would be the same at any dealer for the same car, same length of term on a new car. They will do a credit check and if you pass you will get that rate.
[OP]
Apr 9, 2015
224 posts
118 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
estevens wrote: All depends on credit history could also be higher. You'll have to try to see what rate they'll give you. Congrats on the first car. What are you getting?
Planning on getting a Subaru BRZ, as still not married.. don't really have any responsibilities yet so good time to have a "fun" car. But may save up for another few months before really purchasing the car or even another year..
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15360 posts
9890 upvotes
Toronto
You can also put a bigger down payment to drop the rate. Personally I would probably not do that tho...
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6912 posts
5813 upvotes
Burlington
koffey wrote: You can also put a bigger down payment to drop the rate. Personally I would probably not do that tho...
which carmaker is this?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)