How to find a house
1. Is admission in a school based on address? I am using HouseSigma and sometimes i look for a house it shows me "multiple" schools (multiple elementary/multiple secondary etc). If the admission to a school is based on address then why it shows my multiple schools? wouldn't each address have only 1 school associated to it?
2. How much should i rely on the ranking/score listed in HouseSigma? Does this score ranking matter at all? One of the concern tha ti have that some schools may have good ranking now but they may not be in couple of years. Whats the best way (tips) to shortlist a school/neighborhood
3. What is best way to "confirm" that the school listed on housesignma is actually the school my kids will get admission to? I mean is there a possibility that housesigma may have wrong data or not up-to-date data?
4. Most of the "good" elementary schools in Milton happened to be associated with religion (Catholic). I don't want my kid to learn from religious school. How much catholic schools differs from regular ones? (it has nothing to do with a school being catholic. i am muslim myself but i believe religion is my personal matter and shouldn't be taught in schools. main reason why i am not choosing an islamic school for my kid)
5. Someone told me that private schools have better rankings since they chose to send only smart kids for the tests. (in mississauga, all top 3-5 schools are private)
6. I heard another term which was "french emmersion"? What are those schools? Should i consider them?
I am looking for information that i can use to provide best education to my kids. I will appreciate any other information/pointers/tips that you think may help me decide it.