How frequent do you wash your car?

Do you wash it:
Weekly?
Bi-weekly?
Monthly?
When it's dirty?
You let the rain wash it?
Never?

Yes, I know there are many factors to my question.

I ask this question because I was at a PetroCan Touchless Car Wash yesterday and the car ahead looked clean, and the Driver was getting it washed. Maybe it was a habit to clean it weekly?
😎
45 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
30042 posts
16051 upvotes
Toronto
Once every 2 weeks is the norm
Feb 9, 2020
69 posts
16 upvotes
Etobicoke
Once a week, but regardless it going to get dirty within a couple of hours due to dust.
Dec 11, 2011
365 posts
483 upvotes
CALEDON
I have a 2 DR jeep that I got OCT 2020. I haven't washed it since I got it.

It looks better dirty.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
3777 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto
Hand wash, maybe twice a year. Car wash, maybe once a week in the winter.
Oct 26, 2014
128 posts
88 upvotes
Colorado
The guy probably has a car wash pass from Petro Can so maybe got gas and might as well go in and wash the dust off - esp if it's touchless.
I wash at least once in 2 weeks.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36249 posts
10427 upvotes
Ottawa
Got 6 month Halo Car Wash membership gift at Christmas. Was fantastic in the winter, went every other day .LOL
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
5296 posts
1628 upvotes
0 downvotes
usually 2 to 3 times a year. i used to do it monthly when i was younger but aint no body got time for that no more, esp when your married and have young children and work a very demanding job.
Hi
Oct 25, 2020
292 posts
212 upvotes
Summer about once a week unless it's raining constantly.

In the winter I either buy a Petro wash pass or use coin wash and clean every other day.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1708 posts
595 upvotes
Vancouver
I wash my car every 2 weeks and I wash my wife's car every 2 weeks so my car than wife's car than back to my car so basically since I own two cars I'm washing every week and I follow the same schedule even in winter.

I have a dedicated underground car wash bay in my complex that allows me to wash year round. I only do hand wash none of my cars have ever seen a automated car wash.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2738 posts
2315 upvotes
Toronto
Once a week, black car looks dirty quick.
I use the Petro Canada (touchless) season pass split with 6 other people.
Also have a pressure washer, foam cannon, and the DIY detailing stuff to wash at home. The touchless wash can only do so much, need to do a contact wash with a wash mit once in a while.
Car is also ceramic coated which helps keep the surface slick and easier to wash off.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16991 posts
15595 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Never in winter. During the warmer months as long as it isn’t going to rain for a few days I’ll wash them (hand wash).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8151 posts
792 upvotes
Brampton
Anywhere between once a week to once a month.

Depends on if it rains or if driven over a wet or salty road.

Keep my car in a garage.
Feb 14, 2008
272 posts
48 upvotes
Scarborough
When ever it gets dirty.

I ceramic coated one of my cars using a kit, and washing it is very easy. The dirt comes of easy and the water just beads off. Highly recommeded.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6030 posts
688 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Once every 2 weeks works for me. If I have time on a weekend I love doing it.

As a kid I did it every other day sometimes but that was before ceramics and graphene and coatings. Those really, really make it easier to not have to wash your car.
--
I like detailing cars!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
8369 posts
2156 upvotes
Toronto
One or twice a year whether it needs it or not Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
13206 posts
10087 upvotes
GTA, ON
-When it gets dirty enough that it's noticeable from a short distance
-When it's dirty enough that someone can finger write "WASH ME" and it is visible
-Bird poop
Tis banana is IRIE

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Feb 7, 2009
213 posts
91 upvotes
-Hand wash Once or twice a month for spring/summer/fall
-touch less or coin up to flush underbody every two weeks in winter
-one annual claybar/polish/wax detailing in summer
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29735 posts
10449 upvotes
Depends on the weather TBH. I'm typically not going to wash my car if I know there is precipitation in the next day or two--it's a waste of time and/or money. In winter, if it's going to be dry roads the next 4-5 days, I'll take through the touchless. In summer, as long as then next 3 days are not forecast for rain and I have the time, I'll hand wash. Also with two cars in the summer now at least I can try to keep the clean one clean as if one went through the rain one day I'll just keep driving that one if it's going to be raining more so as not to dirty up the one that's already clean and in the garage.