Cell Phones

How to get the best deal from Koodo as a new customer?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2019 3:17 pm
[OP]
Dec 9, 2009
21 posts
4 upvotes
Grande Prairie

How to get the best deal from Koodo as a new customer?

I've been reading lots of threads about people getting amazing deals from Koodo. $25 for unlimited talk and text. $14 for 10gb add-ons. Some people pay 40 or $45 for 8 gigs of data with unlimited talk and text.

These threads are really long and the info is dizzying.

I'm switching with my wife from Freedom Mobile in BC. Reception is pretty spotty. We will be bringing our own phones. We want the unlimited talk and text with tons of data. We currently have 7gb so anything around that or more would be great.

Is it still possible to get these deals as a new customer and how do you get them? Do you have to call in? Do you have to go to a store or booth? Do you have to go to Best Buy or some other retailer? Please advise.
Last edited by Benhermies on Aug 4th, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Looking for a TLDR way to get a great deal with unlimited talk and text and lots of data from Koodo as a new customer.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11976 posts
10882 upvotes
If you just want the $25 unlimited calls/texts BYOD plan without getting a phone, TMS(The Mobile Shop) at RCSS is still offering it.
Phone your local TMS store to confirm the offering before going.
You cannot get this $25 plan from Koodo online.
You can also check with other Koodo retails partner store like, WOW, WM, BB.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7551 posts
5029 upvotes
Canada
The $10 data add on is targeted to current customers. You cannot get it as new customer.

The $40 8gb plans were also migration plans targeted to Public mobile customers moving to Koodo.

As a new customer you'll most likely only get what's on the website, $50 4GB. Back to school is near, maybe something better will come up.

You can also look at Public mobile, who offer 5GB for $38 or 8.5GB for $48.

There are also Lucky mobile -> Virgin migration plans. You can sign up for Lucky mobile for a month or so and you will be eligible for migration to Virgin. They have $40 6gb, $50 8gb
Last edited by RFDQ1016 on Aug 4th, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7551 posts
5029 upvotes
Canada
KeithS56119 wrote: I would say Koodo Quebec loophole is the best option
That might have just been closed according to some recent reports in the past couple of days