Shopping Discussion

How to get CC chargeback if payment went thru Paypal?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2020 4:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2030 posts
493 upvotes
In Hiding

How to get CC chargeback if payment went thru Paypal?

I ordered something from a US company in February. Printed out the order. No acknowledgement from them for order or dispatch date. But the amount was deducted from my CC. I emailed them 3 times sending them a screenshot of the order, but no response. CC company says I must provide proof of interactions and refusal to send product by the seller. How do I get a chargeback on my CC if I'm getting no response from the company? Btw, they're still emailing me sales brochures so they're not out of business.
7 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 24, 2003
17082 posts
3329 upvotes
Toronto
Dispute the charge through PayPal?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
15651 posts
16803 upvotes
Oakville
Catnippy wrote: I ordered something from a US company in February. Printed out the order. No acknowledgement from them for order or dispatch date. But the amount was deducted from my CC. I emailed them 3 times sending them a screenshot of the order, but no response. CC company says I must provide proof of interactions and refusal to send product by the seller. How do I get a chargeback on my CC if I'm getting no response from the company? Btw, they're still emailing me sales brochures so they're not out of business.
Can't you do a paypal charge back?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2030 posts
493 upvotes
In Hiding
I don't have a Paypal account. When I ordered, the payment page showed pay by CC, then it dropped into a Paypal window, and I entered my CC card number and info. So I wouldn't know how to get a chargeback through Paypal without an account. Question: if I call a 1-800 ... number in the US from Canada, is it still free? I've only been emailing because I don't want to hold on forever and incur long distance.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
2768 posts
1054 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Catnippy wrote: I don't have a Paypal account. When I ordered, the payment page showed pay by CC, then it dropped into a Paypal window, and I entered my CC card number and info. So I wouldn't know how to get a chargeback through Paypal without an account. Question: if I call a 1-800 ... number in the US from Canada, is it still free? I've only been emailing because I don't want to hold on forever and incur long distance.
Sure this isn't a scam? Sounds weird.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 25, 2004
2537 posts
1321 upvotes
London
Catnippy wrote: I don't have a Paypal account. When I ordered, the payment page showed pay by CC, then it dropped into a Paypal window, and I entered my CC card number and info. So I wouldn't know how to get a chargeback through Paypal without an account. Question: if I call a 1-800 ... number in the US from Canada, is it still free? I've only been emailing because I don't want to hold on forever and incur long distance.
800 numbers are total free. just call paypal ask for the dispute department. they can manually open the dispute for u since u used a guest checkout.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Oct 18, 2019
199 posts
87 upvotes
GTA West
aaron158 wrote: 800 numbers are total free. just call paypal ask for the dispute department. they can manually open the dispute for u since u used a guest checkout.
Exactly... I have done it as a guest account with Paypal. Paypal will try to contact the other person/ company and try to resolve the problem if they can't they'll reimburse you

Top