How to get help from Home Depot?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2021 3:18 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2020
8 posts
7 upvotes

How to get help from Home Depot?

I took advantage of the home depot deal on Nest Protects - I have two Gen1 devices that are expiring, and $40 off was pretty sweet.

Problem: Home Depot somehow delivered my order to a guy named Tim in Markham. I'm not Tim, and I'm not in Markham. I'm not even on that side of the GTA.

Bigger Problem: The phone lines are at capacity and will just hang up. They want you to text them, which I did, and it's been sitting without an answer for a day now. The Chat on the website gets to the point where it'll connect to an agent, but says the wait time is greater than 5 hours and disconnects. I tweeted at them this morning since it seemed people were getting responses, but generally I can't get support from Home Depot as they claim they're at capacity. For some reason, there's no email support that I can find anywhere. I'm trying Facebook messenger...but not holding my breath.

Is there an unpublished support email or phone number that anyone knows of? Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1474 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto
5 hours my butt, it took them a day and a half to text/sms me back...the good side is, they got my problem solved.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4604 posts
1960 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
If there is some form of secret line of communication I sure could have used that last year. I had some really irritating issues and spent hours and hours trying to get any assistance. It was an absolutely nightmare. Unfortunately to my knowledge your only option is to just keep trying and waiting.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2020
8 posts
7 upvotes
So - the issue was *eventually* solved. It just took a day of waiting for them to get back to me via SMS. The website chat never worked, and I'm pretty certain that they've just left the phone off the hook. Didn't matter when I tried calling, or which pathway I took in their phone system, it always ended with "our phones are at capacity, try again later."

My lesson learned - don't have a problem with HD that you need a quick solution on right now.

FWIW, SMS worked "ok". I needed to refund my order, then order again. Which they originally placed at original retail. So I had to text into the ether that the price wasn't right and hope they got it. The confirmation from the agent seemed ok, but I *still* don't have an order update that shows the new price a day later. My CC was charged for the sale amount, so fingers crossed.