Tags:
None
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1044 posts
401 upvotes
London
Wow!This is the Canadian way of having a flag after almost a century.My cuisine who lives in Southern US has his own US flag,requested from White House years ago and received it in a month.I thought that the same applies here,but it turns out that I was wrong.The author of the posting should replace the misleading title with this:"How to get a massive Canadian flag from parliament hill for free after a century".
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1735 posts
1190 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting article. I wonder why they have to change the parlament flags so often and how much it cost to do this.

From OP article:
Parliament Hill goes through a lot of flags every year, as the Peace Tower flag is replaced every weekday (excluding statutory holidays), while the other four are changed weekly. They aren't swapped with old flags either, as every flag from each site is replaced with a brand new one
Aug 8, 2006
5 posts
1 upvote
@esfandiyar: if you really do want a free flag, you can request one from your member of parliament. It won't be one that has flown on Parliament Hill.
Dec 2, 2006
87 posts
23 upvotes
So that's a wait list of about 25000 ahead of me, I don't think I, or any of my children will see one.
May 7, 2018
6 posts
That is quite a wait, it said 99 years for a Peace Tower flag. I guess my kid's kids will get it.
Dec 2, 2006
87 posts
23 upvotes
So that's a wait list of about 25000 ahead of me, I don't think I, or any of my children will see one.
Oct 14, 2012
7 posts
Toronto
@ToDealHunter It's considered a sign of disrespect to allow the flag of your country to become tattered and torn. There is even an entire book about the "rules" of flying a flag, and what to do with it once it's not longer acceptable to fly. They likely change it to ensure that the seat of our government is never shown with a torn or tattered flag.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4529 posts
4893 upvotes
Whitby
lol

The waiting period for both Peace Tower and other Parliament Hill flags exceeds 100 years

Delivery should come to your old folks home. Or placed on your casket when you are gone.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4529 posts
4893 upvotes
Whitby
My 2018 request is still there. Looking forward to wrapping my body in this thing while I am in my casket. 80 years from now. Thanks Canada.