Fitness and Nutrition

How "hot" a deal is Fit4Less in Ottawa (or your town)?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2018 6:01 pm
[OP]
Aug 23, 2008
89 posts
29 upvotes

How "hot" a deal is Fit4Less in Ottawa (or your town)?

Hi:

The Fit4Less brand has expanded all across the city and it's hard to ignore its affordability.

Pay an sign up fee of 44$ and then either 4.99$ (one gym access) or 10.99 (Black Card all location access +) per week and you have a very compelling deal.

There are supposed differences that might make a difference to some between the two memberships but, don't really appeal to me... ie. messages, tanning and 1/2 price drinks.

The biggest draw back to me is not having access to a trainer in the future:

Con:Does Fit4Less offer personal training and child minding?
Fit4Less does not offer these services. However, if these are requirements for you achieving your fitness goals, check out options available at GoodLife Fitness.

People in Ottawa: Any suggestions of better gyms near Elmvale Acres / Alta Vista area?

Are you happy with your membership? Is the virtual training good? Please provide feedback...
12 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2438 posts
1838 upvotes
Oakville
*puts on flame-proof jacket and pulls out a bag of popcorn*
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28577 posts
14354 upvotes
Ottawa
If you're looking for a no frills gym, this is the cheapest, otherwise Goodlife or Movati is you best bet.
Nov 19, 2017
541 posts
1321 upvotes
Toronto
If it was hot then you would see it in this section of the site instead of this.
Oct 7, 2015
383 posts
299 upvotes
Vanier, ON
I am in Ottawa, with Planet Fitness, the monthly fee is $11.30 after tax, sign up fee $39.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1157 posts
593 upvotes
If FIt4Less had more locations in west Ottawa, I'd probably switch to them.

I know someone going in the York Region area, and it's fine. No frills gym, I think the one complaint was there's less powerlifting equipment (kind of like Planet Fitness, they cater more to the general populace who use machines more often; e.g. like one squat rack).
Aug 31, 2006
687 posts
390 upvotes
Ottawa
If you are in Ottawa and like working g out in Groups: Greco Lean and fit. If you like paying lots for a socializing at a juice bar and hot tub, with a gym attached then Movati. If you like working out annoyed with staff holding clip boards trying to sell you stuff: Good life. And; if you just like a good gym with lots of locations: Anytime fitness.
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
May 15, 2009
138 posts
293 upvotes
Ottawa
Note that most Fit4Less locations don't have showers and I think no water fountain as well (fill up your bottle at the sink). Lockers are tiny.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
16550 posts
6446 upvotes
Oakville
fiscal-rick wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 10:43 am
If you are in Ottawa and like working g out in Groups: Greco Lean and fit. If you like paying lots for a socializing at a juice bar and hot tub, with a gym attached then Movati. If you like working out annoyed with staff holding clip boards trying to sell you stuff: Good life. And; if you just like a good gym with lots of locations: Anytime fitness.
Damn, sounds like the Goodlife gyms in Ottawa are pretty annoying. here in Oakville other than the initial sign-up personal trainer hard sell (which has been my experience at every gym I've joined, pretty much), I've never had a staff member try to sell me anything.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
63 posts
7 upvotes
davidslegend wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 9:31 am
Hi:

The Fit4Less brand has expanded all across the city and it's hard to ignore its affordability.

Pay an sign up fee of 44$ and then either 4.99$ (one gym access) or 10.99 (Black Card all location access +) per week and you have a very compelling deal.

There are supposed differences that might make a difference to some between the two memberships but, don't really appeal to me... ie. messages, tanning and 1/2 price drinks.

The biggest draw back to me is not having access to a trainer in the future:

Con:Does Fit4Less offer personal training and child minding?
Fit4Less does not offer these services. However, if these are requirements for you achieving your fitness goals, check out options available at GoodLife Fitness.

People in Ottawa: Any suggestions of better gyms near Elmvale Acres / Alta Vista area?

Are you happy with your membership? Is the virtual training good? Please provide feedback...

When you talk about this bargain basement gym you get what you pay for. Garbage equipment that takes weeks on end to fix, a really disgusting casual crowd or guys who use it as a second gym etc. Like anything in life, you get what you pay for. Think about it: What kind of gym attracts people who want to pay 10 bucks a month?
Banned
Aug 19, 2018
63 posts
7 upvotes
wongjing wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 10:47 am
Note that most Fit4Less locations don't have showers and I think no water fountain as well (fill up your bottle at the sink). Lockers are tiny.
They also attract the scum of the scum.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1302 posts
369 upvotes
Kanata
wearysky wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 12:44 pm
Damn, sounds like the Goodlife gyms in Ottawa are pretty annoying. here in Oakville other than the initial sign-up personal trainer hard sell (which has been my experience at every gym I've joined, pretty much), I've never had a staff member try to sell me anything.
They aren't that bad. I trained at one (Eagleview in Kanata) for a couple years. I'd go into the rack in the corner and be left alone while I trained. Although, I was out lifting most others in the gym, so maybe that helped.
Feb 22, 2013
107 posts
94 upvotes
Ottawa
wearysky wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 12:44 pm
I've been to a handful of the goodlife in Ottawa and never been asked to buy/enroll into anything - just to spin wheels for prizes which I politely declined as I imagine there are things attached to it... Otherwise I've never seen someone step into the exercise area to bother people working out and they don't press at all if you say no thanks once and keep walking.
Zoomer: $36 4gb