How is houses in maple next to keele and mcnaughton road

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2021 9:49 pm
[OP]
Sep 7, 2021
1 posts

How is houses in maple next to keele and mcnaughton road

Hello,

We are considering purchasing our first home in Vaughan and we are looking at properties near keele and mcnaughton roads and we noticed in google maps that there are a lot of industrial buildings in that area. Especially asphalt and concrete plants. We are new to Canada and we are concerned about buying houses next to industrial areas because of reasons like truck traffic, noise and pollution. Does anyone know if buying a house there is a good idea? What are some of the potential concerns you see ? Would the house value go down because of these factors? We are really confused and any input would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
5 replies
Nov 13, 2016
662 posts
350 upvotes
KuriousKonfuzed wrote: Hello,

We are considering purchasing our first home in Vaughan and we are looking at properties near keele and mcnaughton roads and we noticed in google maps that there are a lot of industrial buildings in that area. Especially asphalt and concrete plants. We are new to Canada and we are concerned about buying houses next to industrial areas because of reasons like truck traffic, noise and pollution. Does anyone know if buying a house there is a good idea? What are some of the potential concerns you see ? Would the house value go down because of these factors? We are really confused and any input would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Look at the history of sold house prices in the neighborhood and see if historically prices have gone down. You will have your answers.

CD
Mar 14, 2018
507 posts
530 upvotes
I visit that area time to time... IMO you will be fine. Yes, there will be large trucks on Keele but you are not going to walk on that street. Just don't buy a house that backs onto Keele. Besides the road noise, you won't hear any noise from the industrial buildings. I also don't think there would be any more pollution issue compared to any neighborhoods that are close by major streets.
Mar 14, 2018
507 posts
530 upvotes
BTW one thing about the area... it's great for accessing big box stores (and those stores are BIG in Vaughan) but beside Italian restaurants and groceries, there are barely any hip / foodie places in the area... like French bakeries or good sushi place... compared to Markham or Richmond Hill. Not sure if you are into those things but that's one thing I miss living in Vaughan.
Apr 25, 2017
804 posts
723 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Look at the townhouses near maple go station, did they even go down? If you are comfortable with the area, go for it, the price is determined by the market.
Sep 8, 2002
279 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
I used to live around there. I barely noticed the trucks. It’s not like you will be driving up and down the street all day.