Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 30, 2010
383 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto

How to link PC Financial to Paypal?

I made some money online which is sitting in my Paypal account. I'm trying to transfer this into my primary bank account which is PC Financial. I went to add a bank account, selected "other bank" since it wasn't listed, entered in my card number, and all the info on a cheque like branch number, and now I'm on the confirmation stage. If I click "confirm instantly" which is what I want, it brings me to a page that asks me to enter my CIBC credentials. Now I know PCF is a division of CIBC, but when I enter my PCF card number + online banking password, it says the info is wrong. I'm 100% the info is correct because I just used the same credentials to log into PCF online banking.

So anyone know how to confirm PCF account on Paypal? Is the only way to wait a week for Paypal to deposit $0.01 into my PCF account and confirm using that method?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7673 posts
2101 upvotes
Toronto
Why not just wait a fews days key-in the institution number + transit number + account number and let paypal do 2 micro-deposit. After that you can start transferring your $ into PCF,
[OP]
Oct 30, 2010
383 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Read the last sentence. I'm just wondering why it's saying I entered wrong credentials, and if waiting for micro transaction is the only way to confirm it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
9122 posts
2025 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
You entered your bank login and password. I don't think I would be doing that. If anything happens you have just broken your banking agreement so you are no longer protected.

Wait for the deposits and confirm that way.
Aug 10, 2015
345 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto
PC member and linked my paypal. Unfortunately, yes you have to wait for that micro transaction.
Dec 13, 2014
118 posts
76 upvotes
Niagara Region
I suppose that Paypal tried to verify the PCF credentials you provided with "true" CIBC, instead doing it with PCF, and it failed, because the credentials you entered, belonging to PCF, didn't match anything in "true" CIBC. (Hint: take into account that you were asked to provide CIBC's credentials, and not for "other bank's" credentials).

Similar to don242, I also feel VERY uneasy seeing that some company wants me to provide them with my banking credentials. I truly believe that my banking credentials belongs only to the verified communication between me and the bank.

In the past, I have linked Paypal with PCF successfully using micro-deposits, so I too can confirm that this method works.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)