Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 1, 2015
18 posts
3 upvotes
Sherwood Park, AB

How long after the interview?

I'm just wondering if anyone knew how long is the wait after an interview for a federal position. It is for a lab position in Health Canada. I was interviewed in the middle of May 2015, a month before wrote a written exam. I haven't heard from them since its been more than two months. Can I email them?
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5824 upvotes
Burlington
you could.
But 2 months, that seems like a no go to me. There has been a lot of phantom jobs for the past couple years, created just to "satisfy" the government's requirement of "creating jobs", but ended up filling the positions with their own people, doing the exact same jobs they were doing before.
Goodluck
[OP]
Apr 1, 2015
18 posts
3 upvotes
Sherwood Park, AB
My thought was the same. I had put so much effort on the written exam and the interview, almost studied for a month and I did very well. It also happened to me for CFIA last year, cleared all their test and they finally said they are hiring internal employee. At least they notified me, but in this case I haven't received any sort of mail that I am out. Can I request for ATIP notes? Any thoughts?
Jul 22, 2012
535 posts
104 upvotes
Yes, you can email them (whether they will reply or not is another matter). Yes, you can make an ATIP request.
Feb 26, 2014
59 posts
8 upvotes
Brampton
I was wondering which position is this. I was closely watching the openings and did not come across a lab position with HC

Thx
Pritty
[OP]
Apr 1, 2015
18 posts
3 upvotes
Sherwood Park, AB
Are you working for Health Canada? It's for the biologist position they advertised in March.