Shopping Discussion

How long is AliExpress shipping these days?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 1:27 pm
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
Another 11.11 item arrived on Nov 26 ( via Yun Express ) . Canada Post was not the last mile carrier for this one.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18725 posts
4905 upvotes
Toronto
I just ordered a couple of items from AliExpress shipped from the US. I wonder if that is consistently faster. I saw no mention of AliExpress shipments from the US in this thread.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1841 posts
1019 upvotes
EugW wrote: I just ordered a couple of items from AliExpress shipped from the US. I wonder if that is consistently faster. I saw no mention of AliExpress shipments from the US in this thread.
Which item?

Every item(s) I've come across won't let me choose US.
On the ones that does, the shipping cost would be another issue.
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
jay-em wrote: Which item?

Usually if you select ship from "US" you get can't ship to destination message (Canada). But one site I tried did allow shipment from US to CAN ( shipment cost was ~$7 instead of free shipping from China ).
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
jay-em wrote: Your better off grabbing it from China to save approx $2-3 combine from the item & shipping cost.
Not if you want the item asap or you're betting.

This is a good bet (get it by Dec 29 or it's free ) for example ...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... 748a8Sa5ve ( USD$48.18 + USD$2.91 shipping from the US)

Shipping from China is USD$2.24.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
899 upvotes
NOYB
Banggood is much faster but shipping speed of "Ali" has been satisfactory for me lately.
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms + Lucky Mobile + Public Mobile user* SPEND WISELY

Self banning from the PRC sub, after a member with civility was banned from it without reasonable cause since 11/09/2020
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18725 posts
4905 upvotes
Toronto
jay-em wrote: Which item?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... 4c4dScNlQ7

Shipping prices were higher, but it was just a couple of bucks higher, and I wanted the stuff sooner rather than later. Also, if you order multiple items from the same vendor, often times the shipping cost is only slightly higher than the price for one.

BTW, today I ordered something from AliExpress China, for comparison's sake. Price was better and included free ePacket shipping, and I was curious how long it would take.

Before yesterday, I've never ordered from AliExpress before. I was a little surprised though that my credit card hasn't been charged yet. I was prompted by my credit card for the verification codes which I successfully provided each time, but the charges haven't shown up yet as pending. Do they just process it at shipment time? Cuz all of them have the status of "Awaiting Shipment".
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
EugW wrote: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001 ... 4c4dScNlQ7

Shipping prices were higher, but it was just a couple of bucks higher, and I wanted the stuff sooner rather than later. Also, if you order multiple items from the same vendor, often times the shipping cost is only slightly higher than the price for one.

BTW, today I ordered something from AliExpress China, for comparison's sake. Price was better and included free ePacket shipping, and I was curious how long it would take.

Before yesterday, I've never ordered from AliExpress before. I was a little surprised though that my credit card hasn't been charged yet. I was prompted by my credit card for the verification codes which I successfully provided each time, but the charges haven't shown up yet as pending. Do they just process it at shipment time? Cuz all of them have the status of "Awaiting Shipment".
That 3rd link is not free shipping for me.

Many sellers sell the same items on AliExpress. You need to compare the shipped prices (and shipping methods if important to you).

The credit card statement will show "AliExpress Vancouver BC" and charged on the date of the order.

Did you paid in USD$ or CAD$ ? Depending on your credit card, the difference might be a few percentages.

Here is a FAQ for AliExpress buyers ... https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/com ... his_first/ ( note the "confirmation date" and the dispute process )
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18725 posts
4905 upvotes
Toronto
the2ndme wrote: That 3rd link is not free shipping for me.

Many sellers sell the same items on AliExpress. You need to compare the shipped prices (and shipping methods if important to you).

The credit card statement will show "AliExpress Vancouver BC" and charged on the date of the order.

Did you paid in USD$ or CAD$ ? Depending on your credit card, the difference might be a few percentages.

Here is a FAQ for AliExpress buyers ... https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/com ... his_first/ ( note the "confirmation date" and the dispute process )
Yeah sorry, not free shipping. That was a mistake. It's $2.51 shipping ePacket.

I paid in US$. I have a Rogers which gives me additional cash back on US$ purchases, but I couldn't make use of it as it was declined. So I just decided to eat the extra few percent and paid with an Amex.
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
EugW wrote: Yeah sorry, not free shipping. That was a mistake. It's $2.51 shipping ePacket.

I paid in US$. I have a Rogers which gives me additional cash back on US$ purchases, but I couldn't make use of it as it was declined. So I just decided to eat the extra few percent and paid with an Amex.
There is an USD to CAD exchange premium of 2.3% when converted by AliExpress.

The statement name can also be " AliExpress London GBR".
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18725 posts
4905 upvotes
Toronto
the2ndme wrote: There is an USD to CAD exchange premium of 2.3% when converted by AliExpress.

The statement name can also be " AliExpress London GBR".
That's roughly similar to Amex's fee. I think it's 2.7% for Amex, so 0.4% difference. But that's good to know anyway. Every little bit helps.

I'd prefer to use my Rogers MC though to get the extra cash back (which effectively covers the exchange rate fee). I guess I'll have to ask them why they declined these purchases.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1841 posts
1019 upvotes
@EugW @the2ndme
Ali accept PayPal now, don't know if the promo is still running.
They were offering $2USD off when you use PayPal.
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
jay-em wrote: @EugW @the2ndme
Ali accept PayPal now, don't know if the promo is still running.
They were offering $2USD off when you use PayPal.
A lot of PayPal credit card transactions through AliExpress are being treated as cash advance transactions ( fee, interest charge and no cc purchase protection).
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18709 posts
26934 upvotes
ONTARIO
Are there no consequences for sellers who just don't ship your item and let the time run out until you're automatically refunded?

I bought a spool of electrical wire from a seller that was offering free Aliexpress Standard Shipping. The seller had 10 days to ship the order. Heard nothing the entire time until the time ran out and the order was automatically closed.
Now when I check the product page, I see they're still selling what I ordered and now want nearly $6 for aliexpress standard shipping.

I guess all I can do is give bad feedback.
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Are there no consequences for sellers who just don't ship your item and let the time run out until you're automatically refunded?

I bought a spool of electrical wire from a seller that was offering free Aliexpress Standard Shipping. The seller had 10 days to ship the order. Heard nothing the entire time until the time ran out and the order was automatically closed.
Now when I check the product page, I see they're still selling what I ordered and now want nearly $6 for aliexpress standard shipping.

I guess all I can do is give bad feedback.

I think there is. That's why sellers would rather have the buyers cancel the order. If a buyer cancel the order, there are consequences for that buyer too.

A recent seller asked me to cancel the order because of shipping issue. I just ignored the request and it was shipped.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18709 posts
26934 upvotes
ONTARIO
the2ndme wrote: I think there is. That's why sellers would rather have the buyers cancel the order. If a buyer cancel the order, there are consequences for that buyer too.

A recent seller asked me to cancel the order because of shipping issue. I just ignored the request and it was shipped.
I had this exact scenario happen to me last year. I ignored them and the order also shipped. When it arrived it the mail it was a freaking $0.10 usb to usb micro adapter and not the item I ordered (a hand strap for my Kindle e-reader).
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: I had this exact scenario happen to me last year. I ignored them and the order also shipped. When it arrived it the mail it was a freaking $0.10 usb to usb micro adapter and not the item I ordered (a hand strap for my Kindle e-reader).
I am expecting something like that. I am going to video record myself opening the package. I will win the "dispute" process if the seller does that.

One seller initiated an information received tracking # but did not actually shipped the item after I ignored the request to cancel order. Of course I won the "dispute" after the confirmation date ( 2 months from the order date).
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18725 posts
4905 upvotes
Toronto
Here is one of my shipments supposedly from the US:

2020-12-03 21:44
SHENZHEN, the package has entered the shenzhen station,receiving finish
2020-12-03 13:23
SHENZHEN, Departed Facility In processing center
2020-12-02 22:37
SHENZHEN, Shipment has been processed in operational center
2020-12-02 20:23
SHENZHEN, Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN
2020-12-02 10:07
Shipment information received

It seems to have been shipped by YunExpress, as it has a YT... number, and I can track it on YunExpress' website.

https://www.yunexpressusa.com

I wonder if what they're doing is bulk but quick shipping from China to the US, and then going from there.

However, if you use AliExpress's tracking with CaiNiao, it lists it as being in the US awaiting package pickup. I guess that's true in a way. It's waiting until arrives from China via YunExpress. Confused Face

My other US order supposedly shipped with USPS, but I can't yet track it. I do have a tracking number though, all numeric digits.