Shopping Discussion

How long is AliExpress shipping these days?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 1:27 pm
Apr 22, 2010
126 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
I've ordered a few things and according to this:
Item 1 - shipped October 24 from China, arrived November 25 and passed customs at Toronto, delivered November 30 (ePacket)
Item 2 - shipped October 26 from China, arrived November 22 at Vancouver, delivered December 1 (Yanwen)
Item 3 - shipped November 15 from China, arrived at Toronto December 4 - not delivered yet (Yanwen)
Item 4 - shipped November 14 from China, arrived at Toronto December 4 - not delivered yet (Yanwen)
Item 5 - shipped November 15 from China, arrived at Toronto December 3 - not delivered yet (Yanwen)
Item 6 - shipped November 18 from China, arrived at Toronto December 2, currently at customs (ePacket)
Item 7 - shipped November 14 from China, not sure where it is at now (Yanwen)
Item 8 - shipped November 17 from China, not sure where it is at now (China Post Registered Airmail)

Sometimes Yanwen if it uses China Post can show you if they have arrived in Canada depending on whether Canada Post scans it or not. Looks like, speed is about 6 weeks? Although with holidays and other sales, once they get to Canada, it will take awhile to actually get them since Canada Post and Customs is so busy.
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
EugW wrote: Here is one of my shipments supposedly from the US:

2020-12-03 21:44
SHENZHEN, the package has entered the shenzhen station,receiving finish
2020-12-03 13:23
SHENZHEN, Departed Facility In processing center
2020-12-02 22:37
SHENZHEN, Shipment has been processed in operational center
2020-12-02 20:23
SHENZHEN, Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN
2020-12-02 10:07
Shipment information received

It seems to have been shipped by YunExpress, as it has a YT... number, and I can track it on YunExpress' website.

https://www.yunexpressusa.com

I wonder if what they're doing is bulk but quick shipping from China to the US, and then going from there.

However, if you use AliExpress's tracking with CaiNiao, it lists it as being in the US awaiting package pickup. I guess that's true in a way. It's waiting until arrives from China via YunExpress. Confused Face

My other US order supposedly shipped with USPS, but I can't yet track it. I do have a tracking number though, all numeric digits.
From Yun Express tracking ..
" your parcel's electronic customs clearance data has been approved by cbsa----Vancouver, BC"

And the "last mile" carrier may not be Canada Post ( more options during a busy period is good ). Your last mile tracking # looks like this AS********CN?

Yun Express is relatively fast like UBI (< 3 weeks from China ).
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4750 posts
2226 upvotes
Purchased a bunch of items around Black Friday, obviously haven't received yet and that's expected. I only expect ePacket to come within a reasonable timeframe anyways.

I will say I've been sending my Aliexpress orders to Flex Delivery (Canada Post outlet) lately. Been suspicious about the tiny writing leading to mailmen to deliver it to the wrong address from time to time.
⬇⬇⬇ FOR SALE: ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18708 posts
26933 upvotes
ONTARIO
I have 4 different parcels coming via Cainiao Super Economy Global / Cainiao Super Economy for Special Goods (not sure of the diff).
Latest updates from all 4 were from November 25-27 mentioning "handing over to airline". So I am hoping that they actually left China at that time and now I am just waiting for them to arrive in Canada.
Since this is a super cheap method of shipping, I imagine I will be waiting another month at least.

Seems almost everything I find now on AliExpress is defaulting to Cainiao Super Economy Global
Interestingly, none of these things are related, yet 3 are coming out of the same place.
Images
  • aliexpressdonguan.jpg
Last edited by BobSagget on Dec 5th, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 3, 2005
166 posts
59 upvotes
I've had 4 AliExpress packages go missing since the pandemic started. In the past, it was maybe 1 lost package per year. :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18725 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote: Here is one of my shipments supposedly from the US:

2020-12-03 21:44
SHENZHEN, the package has entered the shenzhen station,receiving finish
2020-12-03 13:23
SHENZHEN, Departed Facility In processing center
2020-12-02 22:37
SHENZHEN, Shipment has been processed in operational center
2020-12-02 20:23
SHENZHEN, Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN
2020-12-02 10:07
Shipment information received

It seems to have been shipped by YunExpress, as it has a YT... number, and I can track it on YunExpress' website.

https://www.yunexpressusa.com

I wonder if what they're doing is bulk but quick shipping from China to the US, and then going from there.

However, if you use AliExpress's tracking with CaiNiao, it lists it as being in the US awaiting package pickup. I guess that's true in a way. It's waiting until arrives from China via YunExpress. Confused Face

My other US order supposedly shipped with USPS, but I can't yet track it. I do have a tracking number though, all numeric digits.
So this US order has nothing to do with the US. As I posted before it shipped from China, and now I see it came directly to Canada.

7CF619A5-4218-43CB-A9A7-AA8A65D98500.jpeg
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1209 posts
539 upvotes
EugW wrote: So this US order has nothing to do with the US. As I posted before it shipped from China, and now I see it came directly to Canada.
I take these tracking orders with a grain of salt. I seen them maliciously forged.

I'm still waiting for a package (supposedly shipping via China Post Air Mail — RExxxxxxCN number). It hasn't even left the country and it's been several weeks now. I don't expect I will get this package. They have 30 days before I file a dispute with my credit card company.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1209 posts
539 upvotes
the2ndme wrote: I think there is. That's why sellers would rather have the buyers cancel the order.
A recent seller asked me to cancel the order because of shipping issue. I just ignored the request and it was shipped.
I really think this depends on the seller. Much like Yelp or Trip Advisor some merchants have a "unique" relationship with the site.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18725 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
sheyenne wrote: I take these tracking orders with a grain of salt. I seen them maliciously forged.

I'm still waiting for a package (supposedly shipping via China Post Air Mail — RExxxxxxCN number). It hasn't even left the country and it's been several weeks now. I don't expect I will get this package. They have 30 days before I file a dispute with my credit card company.
Why would they forge something to contradict their own shipping claims?
Sep 15, 2019
373 posts
1272 upvotes
High
The shipping method they sent it through is always just a step away from “I don’t wanna send this at all” even the paid shipping options take 30 days atleast
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
EugW wrote: Why would they forge something to contradict their own shipping claims?
They can use another legit tracking # from a different order.

You do get your money back in a "wrong address" dispute if trackable after it's "delivered". If the the package is not trackable and you have not received the package after the "confirm date" , you will get your money back under item not received dispute.
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
Babaji01 wrote: The shipping method they sent it through is always just a step away from “I don’t wanna send this at all” even the paid shipping options take 30 days atleast
Got two items from two different shippers in 16 days last month. Both shipping methods were "free" ( UBI and Yun Express ).
Apr 22, 2010
126 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
So update: item #6 that was shipped via ePacket on November 18 arrived today. It spent three days in customs after arriving in Toronto Dec. 2. The rest of my shipments have not arrived and no idea where they may be. Somewhere in Mississauga black hole I imagine.
Apr 22, 2010
126 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
sheyenne wrote: I take these tracking orders with a grain of salt. I seen them maliciously forged.

I too am waiting for RExxxxxxxCN number package. Mine says exported Nov 18 but no idea where it got on a plane or what. Expected delivery is Dec. 20 - Jan 9. Heard registered airmail doesn’t get tracked in Canada (internally Canada Post tracks it though, somehow).
Nov 7, 2017
273 posts
238 upvotes
Edmonton
About 3-5 weeks with the AliExpress Standard Shipping
Oct 10, 2020
457 posts
256 upvotes
Seininya wrote: I too am waiting for RExxxxxxxCN number package. Mine says exported Nov 18 but no idea where it got on a plane or what. Expected delivery is Dec. 20 - Jan 9. Heard registered airmail doesn’t get tracked in Canada (internally Canada Post tracks it though, somehow).
Maybe internal tracking but definitely not available publicly. They do make you sign for the package when delivered to your door ( not now ). No signature needed when picking up at the local post location.
Apr 22, 2010
126 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Okay, got two items today, both shipped via Yanwen/Cainiao Super Global Economy so untracked. One was shipped November 14, arrived in Toronto December 4, no tracking beyond that. Another item was shipped November 15, arrived in Toronto December 3rd, no tracking beyond that.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18708 posts
26933 upvotes
ONTARIO
Seininya wrote: Okay, got two items today, both shipped via Yanwen/Cainiao Super Global Economy so untracked. One was shipped November 14, arrived in Toronto December 4, no tracking beyond that. Another item was shipped November 15, arrived in Toronto December 3rd, no tracking beyond that.
Good to know about the CAINAIO ones. I have 4-5 all coming via that shipping method and they all stopped updating on Nov. 25-27th. So if I am lucky, maybe I will start seeing them next week 🤞
Dec 6, 2012
403 posts
186 upvotes
Montréal, QC
got a "YANWEN Logistics → SunYou Logistics" item, posted Oct 24th, in Canada Nov 5th, no tracking, then in my box, so roughly a month in Canada doing ??? but at least I got it :)
Dec 17, 2009
723 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
1st order took one month
2nd order never arrived, filed refund after three months. They don’t allow you to request for refund before 90days extended delivery date
3rd order took two months.