How long are bed sheets supposed to last?
Our latest sheets survived about 5-6 washings, which is the best mileage we've gotten (worst was 2 washings). Then when applying the dried sheets to the bed, we notice there's a large "thin-spot", that then becomes a huge hole when slept-on. Is that normal? It's been like this for the past several sets of sheets.
My wife and I sleep on the sheets, and we are light people.
- Wash on normal/warm (or sometimes hot). Dry on "delicate/low" and drying cycle is stopped early (we remove the sheets once they are dry).
- We use a "normal" detergent and dryer sheets.
- Apartment-building washers/dryers. Washers/dryers have been changed since we lived here and problem persists.
- Tried different sheet brands. But always buy 100% cotton, 300-500 thread-counts. One time tried modal (which only lasted 2 washings).
- Wife and I have been together 20 years, and she's never complained of seeing my legs twitch (Restless Legs Syndrome). I often go to bed later than her, and I've seen her leg twitch once-in-a-blue-moon (like maybe once a month). However, I won't say it's NOT Restless Legs Syndrome (for me), as the thin-spot (that becomes a hole) generally forms near my feet/calves area.
Anyway some advice would be appreciated. We haven't owned a pair of sheets that last more than a year.