• Apr 26th, 2009 7:19 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 27, 2005
68 posts
6 upvotes

How long to do fuel line replacement?

On average how long should it take to do such a task. I have a Hyundai Sonata 2002. Need to know so when I call around I don't get screwed over. Thanks guys!
9 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36301 posts
10544 upvotes
Ottawa
Regardless what the back yard wonders will tell you how quickly they can do it, I would say that, if the tank does not need to be removed,they will charge at least 2 hours labour. If the tank needs to be drained, removed and reinstalled, add a couple more. You will be charged against the flat rate book, not how long it actually takes.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2005
68 posts
6 upvotes
I am pretty sure the tank has to be lowered. Would the various shops be able to give me an estimate if I call around?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36301 posts
10544 upvotes
Ottawa
bber25 wrote: I am pretty sure the tank has to be lowered. Would the various shops be able to give me an estimate if I call around?
Some may make an attempt at an over the phone estimate but, I would question the accuracy. This is one of those jobs that can take a little while or it can take a long time, depending on how much corrosion there is, how difficult it is to remove connectors and clamps, how difficult it is to take the tank out and if the tank clamps don't fall apart etc.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2005
68 posts
6 upvotes
Pete Coach, thank you for your expertise, do you have any recommendations of some good shops that might be available for reasonable price in Nova Scotia? I find my dealer rates are high, like $85/hr and CT I don't trust anymore.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2120 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
$85 per hour dealer rate is not that bad. Most dealerships here in the GTA are a good $100/hour and quality independent shops are around $70/hour.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36301 posts
10544 upvotes
Ottawa
bber25 wrote: Pete Coach, thank you for your expertise, do you have any recommendations of some good shops that might be available for reasonable price in Nova Scotia? I find my dealer rates are high, like $85/hr and CT I don't trust anymore.
Geez, I was just in Halifax last week.
No, I don't know any shops down there. Look in the yellow pages for someone that deals in gas tanks, they generally will do fuel lines as well. $85 an hour is standard.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22067 posts
713 upvotes
Newmarket
6-7 yr old car needing new fuel lines? Wow, must be the salt water air!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3161 posts
800 upvotes
Alberta
Pete_Coach wrote: Geez, I was just in Halifax last week.
No, I don't know any shops down there. Look in the yellow pages for someone that deals in gas tanks, they generally will do fuel lines as well. $85 an hour is standard.
$85 is amazingly cheap! I think the local Pontiac dealer is $110-120..
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36301 posts
10544 upvotes
Ottawa
scouzer wrote: $85 is amazingly cheap! I think the local Pontiac dealer is $110-120..
It must be very expensive in Edmonton, I pay $105 per hour at my Mercedes dealership. My Son charges $80 at his Kia dealership.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)