Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 27, 2011
378 posts
24 upvotes
Edmonton

How to make employees pay slips

Hey everyone i have been paying my accountant to make employees pay slips is there a software i can use to calculate deductions and make pay slips so i can save some money ?
10 replies
Deal Addict
May 26, 2011
1804 posts
475 upvotes
Vancouver
Certainly.

Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, and Wave seem to be popular.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4059 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
Wave accounting does not make free pay stubs. You have to subscribe to their payroll feature.

Payment evolution does (last time I checked).
[OP]
Aug 27, 2011
378 posts
24 upvotes
Edmonton
thx for your replies guys
I have already registered an account on payment evolution so just waiting for their verification email
I also came across this CRA website https://apps.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/rhpd/st ... ng=English. So if i am paying my employee hourly do i still choose first option where it says salary? So i am paying him $12 an hour and he did 40 hours so in salary i would put $480 ?

This third step was very confusing i have no idea what to enter in those boxes? Do i leave them blank?

Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4059 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
When you get access to payment evolution just preset the employee's hourly rate, then enter the hours, and payment evolution will take care of the tax calculations.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2011
378 posts
24 upvotes
Edmonton
NEMESIS_2008 wrote: When you get access to payment evolution just preset the employee's hourly rate, then enter the hours, and payment evolution will take care of the tax calculations.
I was able to register and add my employee on payment evolution
Few questions i have. So on the payslip i dont see any portion for employer remittance http://s7.postimg.org/6dyo316wb/Untitled.png
so how can i know how much i have to pay to CRA? where can i check on payment evolution website?
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8737 posts
5593 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a small business and I'm just using the summary from the CRA calculator. For section 3, just fill in the YTD amounts per your records (unless they are exempt). The amount you remit is the tax, CPP, and EI portion.
[OP]
Aug 27, 2011
378 posts
24 upvotes
Edmonton
Jermyzy wrote: I have a small business and I'm just using the summary from the CRA calculator. For section 3, just fill in the YTD amounts per your records (unless they are exempt). The amount you remit is the tax, CPP, and EI portion.
how about first section TD1 should i leave that as it is?

shouldnt YTD amounts be zero if its a new employee i just hired?
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8737 posts
5593 upvotes
Vancouver
From my limited knowledge...
GanJa786 wrote: how about first section TD1 should i leave that as it is?
yes, unless they've submitted a td1 form to you
shouldnt YTD amounts be zero if its a new employee i just hired?
Yes, if there are any overcontributions they can get back when they file their income tax
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4059 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
GanJa786 wrote: I was able to register and add my employee on payment evolution
Few questions i have. So on the payslip i dont see any portion for employer remittance http://s7.postimg.org/6dyo316wb/Untitled.png
so how can i know how much i have to pay to CRA? where can i check on payment evolution website?
Can't remember off the top of my head. I'm sure there is a section in Payment Evolution that will show you employer portions.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
7537 posts
2450 upvotes
0 downvotes
I second simply accounting

+2 (2 means I second)