Computers & Electronics

How to make Sony TV Remote control Rogers Digital Adapter?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2021 2:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2010
1022 posts
118 upvotes
London

How to make Sony TV Remote control Rogers Digital Adapter?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the possibility of using my existing Sony TV (X800H) remote to change the channel of the Rogers Digital Adapter (Cisco DTA50) . I don't want to use the Rogers provided universal remote to simply change the cable TV channel, which is all it is ever used for. Basically the Sony TV remote is perfect but it is unable to speak the IR signal language of the Rogers Digital Adapter to change the TV channel.

What cheap solution can i buy that can watch for the standard Sony TV channel change IR signal then convert / broadcast that into an IR signal which the Rogers Digital Adapter can understand to change the TV channel? I dont want to replace the Sony TV remote with those fancy overpriced Harmony devices since 99.999% of its features wont be used beyond simple channel changing. I want to keep the existing Sony TV remote but make it aware (innately or by proxy) so as to communicate with the Rogers Digital Adapter to change the channel.

The TV has an IR IN but i figure this is for extending its existing IR reception as opposed to being some IR Blaster. I dont know for sure.

Much obliged!
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6046 posts
2751 upvotes
Durham
There is no universal remote that can do that ... let alone the Sony TV Remote.

There is no way to program any remote to control the DTA device ....
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)