Credit Cards

How many days to get a decision from MBNA ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2020 12:05 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 3, 2019
16 posts
6 upvotes

How many days to get a decision from MBNA ?

Planning to make an online application for Credit card.

I have heard it takes 3 days to get a decision & 10 days to receive it by post.

But while reading forums, also noticed that you may get a decision within 10-15 days (automated email reply)

Finally, MBNA website says they will post the decision by mail within 30 days of application.

So, whats the generally accepted time frame ?
24 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1933 posts
748 upvotes
YMMV
Sometimes, it takes close to 30 days to get a letter from them (if it is a rejection). If you are approved, then your card is probably going to take not more than 2 weeks to arrive (12 days in my case).
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2541 posts
1037 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
usually it's an instant approval. if for any reason not instantly approved, maybe 7-10 days rejection letter.
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1933 posts
748 upvotes
dekvitaly wrote: usually it's an instant approval. if for any reason not instantly approved, maybe 7-10 days rejection letter.
You'd need quite a few DPs to justify "usually". I was instantly approved for my last MBNA card 2 months ago, two applications before that were not instant approvals (but those were approvals). My wife was instantly approved for her first MBNA card, but her rejection letter for the second card took exactly 27 days to arrive (hence, my comment about "close to 30 days"). In any case, as I said, YMMV.
Feb 12, 2019
265 posts
46 upvotes
Vancouver BC
My two applications were instantly not approved. It didn’t exactly say denied but more of a “we are unable to complete your process at this time..”

I heard that they want to see positive scores more than two years on your credit reports?
Last edited by WayneW8682 on Apr 6th, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 20, 2016
28 posts
16 upvotes
weclome wrote: Planning to make an online application for Credit card.

I have heard it takes 3 days to get a decision & 10 days to receive it by post.

But while reading forums, also noticed that you may get a decision within 10-15 days (automated email reply)

Finally, MBNA website says they will post the decision by mail within 30 days of application.

So, whats the generally accepted time frame ?
I applied yesterday online, and got the application under review message. Called them later in the day, and the rep said I was approved & they were mailing the card out (should receive it in 5-7 business days).
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34559 posts
20604 upvotes
Center of Universe
MBNA online application will either be an instant approval or "under review".
Jul 30, 2005
740 posts
353 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Recently got the Ryerson MBNA card (right before the dropped the 0% 10 months deal) and it took 7 business days total from online application to the card in my hand. But keep in mind when I applied online I already got an approval right away.
Jan 5, 2020
1 posts
When i applied on line it said 10 -15 daya then ill recive a descion ..does this usally.mean i wont be approved i do have 2 credir cards now mastercard and are in good standing sonwas just curious
Feb 17, 2013
18 posts
3 upvotes
London
444t6402 wrote: When i applied on line it said 10 -15 daya then ill recive a descion ..does this usally.mean i wont be approved i do have 2 credir cards now mastercard and are in good standing sonwas just curious
I just did an application for the MBNA platinum and got the following message as well. Since I just did the application, I have no feedback as to what the result was. Any update from your application since it was a few weeks ago.

"Thank you for your recent application for an MBNA credit card. You'll receive
our decision by mail within 10 to 15 business days."
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1508 posts
1773 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Applied for TrueLine 13 days ago. It was instant approval, received an email within an hour stating the approved credit limit. However, I still haven't received the card in the mail. Maybe today.
May 12, 2019
468 posts
808 upvotes
aweawea wrote: Applied for TrueLine 13 days ago. It was instant approval, received an email within an hour stating the approved credit limit. However, I still haven't received the card in the mail. Maybe today.
You live out West? YEG here, took like the full 10 biz days maybe even 11-12
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1508 posts
1773 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Cheapmaestro wrote: You live out West? YEG here, took like the full 10 biz days maybe even 11-12
Halifax.
May 12, 2019
468 posts
808 upvotes
aweawea wrote: Halifax.
I find that whenever you live outside the centers of the universe - YYC, YVR, and to a certain extent YUL - then things can take forever and a day. And I've lived all around the country
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7492 posts
7627 upvotes
The Prairies
aweawea wrote: Applied for TrueLine 13 days ago. It was instant approval, received an email within an hour stating the approved credit limit. However, I still haven't received the card in the mail. Maybe today.
I find MBNA one of the slower ones.
RBC and Scotia, like clockwork, 7 business days usually.
Amex seems quick too.
But I’m always waiting for MBNA cards.