Travel

How many days switch health takes to provide covid test result taken at airport?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2022 5:39 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2010
795 posts
323 upvotes
Brampton

How many days switch health takes to provide covid test result taken at airport?

It has been 48 hours already since I got a test done at Pearson airport. Their portal still has my test result status as processing Specimen.
it took me 6 hours to get the result for same test in Egypt, 5.5 in Costa Rica, 8 hours in India.
Not sure why a Canadian company is taking so long. Seems like a total waste of tax payers' money.
Does anyone have any experience with getting the result of Covid swab taken at Pearson - How long it takes to get the results?
32 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1071 posts
631 upvotes
Midland
Curious where you took your test in Egypt. Getting charged 2500 egp

Also was a PCR test required to enter Egypt?

Should of gotten your test by now with switch Health. Did an arrival test in July and got my results within 28 hrs during a time it was prettty busy.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2010
795 posts
323 upvotes
Brampton
Energie11 wrote: Curious where you took your test in Egypt. Getting charged 2500 egp

Also was a PCR test required to enter Egypt?

Should of gotten your test by now with switch Health. Did an arrival test in July and got my results within 28 hrs during a time it was prettty busy.
2500 egp LOL
Go to Children's cancer hospital in Cairo - 600 EGP. results in 6 hours or so. printed copy available as well. and of course it was PCR test not antigen
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3252 posts
1386 upvotes
luking wrote: It has been 48 hours already since I got a test done at Pearson airport. Their portal still has my test result status as processing Specimen.
it took me 6 hours to get the result for same test in Egypt, 5.5 in Costa Rica, 8 hours in India.
Not sure why a Canadian company is taking so long. Seems like a total waste of tax payers' money.
Does anyone have any experience with getting the result of Covid swab taken at Pearson - How long it takes to get the results?
5 days.

We just went through day and and 8 testing.
.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2010
795 posts
323 upvotes
Brampton
dgnr8 wrote: 5 days.

We just went through day and and 8 testing.
Holy cow! 5 days for such a highly infectious disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is our country coming to?
Sr. Member
Jun 13, 2018
922 posts
640 upvotes
luking wrote: It has been 48 hours already since I got a test done at Pearson airport. Their portal still has my test result status as processing Specimen.
it took me 6 hours to get the result for same test in Egypt, 5.5 in Costa Rica, 8 hours in India.
Not sure why a Canadian company is taking so long. Seems like a total waste of tax payers' money.
Does anyone have any experience with getting the result of Covid swab taken at Pearson - How long it takes to get the results?
Question about Egypt. Did you need PCR for entry or exit? I read if fully vaxed no PCR test reqd for entry. Thx
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2010
795 posts
323 upvotes
Brampton
ritzcrv wrote: Question about Egypt. Did you need PCR for entry or exit? I read if fully vaxed no PCR test reqd for entry. Thx
if fully vaxed no PCR test reqd for entry provided you fly direct via egyptair. otherwise transit rules apply
pcr test reqd to come back to canada
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5115 posts
1736 upvotes
Mississauga
It depends. For the free PCR one when you land in Canada, I've gotten the results overnight and sometimes it takes 2 days. I always volunteer to get tested as I want to make sure I'm negative prior to seeing my parents.

For the ones you pay for prior to flight at Viscount parking garage, Antigen comes back within 30min and PCR can take 2-3 days.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2723 posts
1978 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
luking wrote: It has been 48 hours already since I got a test done at Pearson airport. Their portal still has my test result status as processing Specimen.
it took me 6 hours to get the result for same test in Egypt, 5.5 in Costa Rica, 8 hours in India.
Not sure why a Canadian company is taking so long. Seems like a total waste of tax payers' money.
Does anyone have any experience with getting the result of Covid swab taken at Pearson - How long it takes to get the results?
Just to clarify if this the paid test for travel location on Viscount (near the airport) OR the test they do on arrivals if you are randomly selected?

If it’s the random selection one my husband returned from a business trip from the US last week (Tuesday night somewhat late 8/9pm ish?). We didn’t get the results until Saturday morning in the portal.

For the paid travel tests also performed Switch by we have had them within minutes (or hours) depending on the type of test we paid for.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2010
795 posts
323 upvotes
Brampton
BrunetteGirl wrote: Just to clarify if this the paid test for travel location on Viscount (near the airport) OR the test they do on arrivals if you are randomly selected?

If it’s the random selection one my husband returned from a business trip from the US last week (Tuesday night somewhat late 8/9pm ish?). We didn’t get the results until Saturday morning in the portal.

For the paid travel tests also performed Switch by we have had them within minutes (or hours) depending on the type of test we paid for.
Thanks for clarifying. It was the random test.
It has been more than 48 hours, I guess I will get the results sometime on Monday now.
Corona takes the week end off. And so does Switch Health
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2723 posts
1978 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
luking wrote: Thanks for clarifying. It was the random test.
It has been more than 48 hours, I guess I will get the results sometime on Monday now.
Corona takes the week end off. And so does Switch Health
I know! I was surprised (and disappointed too).
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
2122 posts
696 upvotes
luking wrote: Holy cow! 5 days for such a highly infectious disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is our country coming to?
I believe it was a full 7 days for me. Was amusing because I got the results after I had already left Canada.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2010
795 posts
323 upvotes
Brampton
FreezingCanada wrote: I believe it was a full 7 days for me. Was amusing because I got the results after I had already left Canada.
LOL
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 13, 2010
7607 posts
1681 upvotes
Scarborough
Canada as usual, slow as turtle compared to the world. Always slow, always reactive.
Even developing countries with their corruption work much faster.

almost 2 yrs and still taking 48 hrs to process PCR tests....what a shit show
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
4681 posts
2091 upvotes
Durham Region
For the random arrival test, I came through the land border last Monday and was given a take home kit. Purolator picked up sample on Tuesday AM, delivered it to Switch on Wednesday AM, and I got results on Friday AM.

Suspect the government paid tests are being processed at a lower priority than the private pay ones, but if your sample is taken at the airport you don't have the shipping delays.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 6, 2010
795 posts
323 upvotes
Brampton
This is going to be fun fun now that every one needs to be tested at airport on arrival.
it took them full 4 days to deliver test result when there was hardly anyone getting tested at the time of my arrival. Now with hundreds lined up, i will be happy to see the results in 14 days
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 13, 2010
7607 posts
1681 upvotes
Scarborough
luking wrote: This is going to be fun fun now that every one needs to be tested at airport on arrival.
it took them full 4 days to deliver test result when there was hardly anyone getting tested at the time of my arrival. Now with hundreds lined up, i will be happy to see the results in 14 days
these companies (testing) and quarantine hotels will make alot of money.......and Hotels make more money the longer everyone stays to wait the results.
Still heard atrocious conditions at hotels for those in quarantine........they stuffed 4 adults (family) together in a small room....seriously flawed

nobody cares cuz everything is blamed on "due to covid19 protocols" shyt

Really stupid how it takes them several days.....even developing countries with huge populations get faster results
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
10295 posts
3479 upvotes
apnayloags wrote: these companies (testing) and quarantine hotels will make alot of money.......and Hotels make more money the longer everyone stays to wait the results.
Still heard atrocious conditions at hotels for those in quarantine........they stuffed 4 adults (family) together in a small room....seriously flawed

nobody cares cuz everything is blamed on "due to covid19 protocols" shyt

Really stupid how it takes them several days.....even developing countries with huge populations get faster results
The brief quarantine hotel program is long over. What are babbling about.

The arrival tests are free, obviously it gets paid somewhere.
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2749 posts
1141 upvotes
Gta
GangStarr wrote: The brief quarantine hotel program is long over. What are babbling about.

The arrival tests are free, obviously it gets paid somewhere.
Yes…my understanding is you are sent home to quarantine ( or maybe isolation ?) till you get results.
Koodo member
Jr. Member
Jan 19, 2008
103 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
Landed Monday dec 13 at 3am. Was selected for testing. Got results this morning, Dec 14 just after midnight.
Avid thrift-er

Top