Off Topic

How many staffers are needed to make PM Justin Trudeau’s YouTube videos?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2017 11:07 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8552 upvotes
GTHA

How many staffers are needed to make PM Justin Trudeau’s YouTube videos?

PM's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/pmocpm

It takes an average of seven civil servants to produce the YouTube videos used to promote Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to documents newly released in Parliament.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/seven-st ... -1.3080503
41 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1226 posts
229 upvotes
Mecca
tk1000 wrote: PM's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/pmocpm

It takes an average of seven civil servants to produce the YouTube videos used to promote Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to documents newly released in Parliament.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/seven-st ... -1.3080503
How does one even get a job like this. I can't imagine jobs like this are ever available to Joe Blow.

Making youtube videos for Trudeau, jeez.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4668 posts
2595 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
I like Justin.

He's not a square head like Harper.

He's cool, probably it's Quebecker origin.

Can't we have a chill prime minister from time to time.

I'm a separatist and will vote for him in the next election. I voted for the Bloc last time.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
631 upvotes
The PM should have his own reality show than having a real job.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9581 posts
2835 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Wow, youtube must be so much less expensive than the traditional media used by the previous government.
According to the Public Accounts of Canada, tabled Wednesday, the Prime Minister’s Office spent $8.2-million in 2012-13 on staff, communications and other costs, a 7% over roughly $7.6-million the previous year.

Combined, federal ministers’ offices spent about $56.1-million in the last fiscal year (not including ministers’ salaries) on personnel, communications, transportation, services and other items, almost $3-million more than the previous year.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/pmo-s ... -year-up-7
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1226 posts
229 upvotes
Mecca
MexiCanuck wrote: Wow, youtube must be so much less expensive than the traditional media used by the previous government.
According to the Public Accounts of Canada, tabled Wednesday, the Prime Minister’s Office spent $8.2-million in 2012-13 on staff, communications and other costs, a 7% over roughly $7.6-million the previous year.

Combined, federal ministers’ offices spent about $56.1-million in the last fiscal year (not including ministers’ salaries) on personnel, communications, transportation, services and other items, almost $3-million more than the previous year.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/pmo-s ... -year-up-7
Lol. Lets deflect, and talk about Harper instead. Jeez.

Justin Trudeau can do no wrong in your eyes.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9581 posts
2835 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
LUMilkman wrote: Justin Trudeau can do no wrong in your eyes.
I'm sure he can and will do wrong.

I don't see that using youtube as a way of communicating to Canadians (and to those outside of Canada) deserves criticism.

When I criticize him, I want it to be for something that deserves criticism.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2004
2276 posts
224 upvotes
Nothing Justin does deserves criticism. At least to our fawn eyed media. They are busy watching those videos and posting on twitter how great he looks. So cool!!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14293 posts
1170 upvotes
The quality of debate that the conservatives started with during the election (his hair) has been continued by their followers into his term in office. I mean, why take the time to form an argument or criticism over his policies when it's much easier to take pot shots at him about things like youtube and calling him selfie all the time. Every politician deserves and should be criticized at times, it's what should keep them in check, I just wish the quality of the conversation would rise a little bit.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
734 upvotes
vonblock wrote: I like Justin.

I'm a separatist and will vote for him in the next election. I voted for the Bloc last time.
+100000000

Chretien and JT. Quebecois makes the best prime ministers. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

The worst prime minister is from Toronto, Ontario.

As a torontonian. Disappointed But Relieved FaceDisappointed But Relieved FaceDisappointed But Relieved Face
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
7 people to make the videos isn't unreasonable and not the thing to question. The total cost is what can be questioned.
Sure $51 for an HDMI cable, maybe they were in a pinch and spending 20 minutes going to best buy or where ever was better than spending 2hours on an emplyee to go to walmart.
I don't know what is reasonable, lets see the hours spent.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1855 posts
342 upvotes
Kitchener
kevindurant1 wrote:

+100000000

Chretien and JT. Quebecois makes the best prime ministers. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

As a torontonian. Disappointed But Relieved FaceDisappointed But Relieved FaceDisappointed But Relieved Face
Please bring me back the days when Wisdom, Discernment, Empathy, Patience, Conviction, HUMILITY, and a Sense of Humor were the qualities that mattered to Canadians in a Prime Minister, Let alone our MP's.

So tired of all the other swill that we look up to.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2206 posts
402 upvotes
Every company has a corporate communications/public relations group...why is this shocking to you

do you think Barack Obama research, fact check, edit his own speeches?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
211 upvotes
MexiCanuck wrote:
LUMilkman wrote: Justin Trudeau can do no wrong in your eyes.
I'm sure he can and will do wrong.

I don't see that using youtube as a way of communicating to Canadians (and to those outside of Canada) deserves criticism.

When I criticize him, I want it to be for something that deserves criticism.
LOL. as I said before it is OK to do wrongs by Liberals but it is unacceptable if done by Conservatives.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
211 upvotes
kevindurant1 wrote:

+100000000

What? "Lester Bowles Pearson" is worst?
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9581 posts
2835 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
sandeeS wrote: LOL. as I said before it is OK to do wrongs by Liberals but it is unacceptable if done by Conservatives.
I don't see the wrong in using internationally accessible social media for communication purposes of that is what is bring suggested. I suspect it is more cost effective than using traditional media.

Now, if Trudeau were to start reneging on platform commitments such as electoral reform or marijuana legalization I would be critical of these decisions.

If he starts jeopardizing BC's environment by political decisions to permit or promote pipelines I will be critical.

But I don't see the importance of his choice of use of social media in a social media age.

Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9581 posts
2835 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
kevindurant1 wrote: The worst prime minister is from Toronto, Ontario.
Isn't Kathleen Wynne a first minister (i.e., "prime" minister) from Toronto? :)

Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
294 upvotes
Midland

Justin Trudeau was actually born in Ontario - Ottawa to be exact. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4668 posts
2595 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
gordholio wrote:

Justin Trudeau was actually born in Ontario - Ottawa to be exact. :)
Was taking about its parent and anyway they were raised in Montreal. The guy a Quebecker if you ask me.

He also date a Quebec chick