Cell Phones

How many times has Tempered Glass saved your screen?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2022 9:32 am
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19790 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge

How many times has Tempered Glass saved your screen?

I try not be use cases whenever I get but tempered maganda is a must and it saved my phone, iPhone 13 mini Green. I woke up this morning and noticed there's a chip on the edge. I have no clue, I know I didn't drop it.

Lately, the last few years I've been careless. I'm 4 out 5, I didn't have luck with my Huawei P30 Pro, dropped it waist high and cracked the display.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
8 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
3474 posts
2697 upvotes
Vancouver
I buy em in bulk. You get like 10 for 8-10$ or so on eBay. Those + slimmest case I can find keeps my phones in new like condition
Can't Stop. Won't Stop. Game Stop
Mar 26, 2008
563 posts
282 upvotes
one for one for my iphone. the tempered glass screen protector was from dollar tree and it worked. dropped the phone onto concrete and the screen protector cracked but not the phone's screen.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
70lbs dumbbell rolled onto my cellphone, tampered glass was in pieces but phone was intact, no damage.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2019
1807 posts
3770 upvotes
YXE, Sask.
I've broke 2 tempered glass protectors during the life of my Pixel 3a. Thankfully, they came in a pack of 3 for like $14. On my current Galaxy A53, I have a glass protector on the phone but so far I haven't dropped my phone since I've got it. (Knocks on wood) I have an extra 2 protectors just in case I break the protector.
Koodo $34 50 GB
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I generally use a screen protector, even though I buy used phones. To me, it's like COVID + mask: it's a minor inconvenience (a few dollars to buy a screen protector) and if it helps a bit, it's worth it, in my opinion.

Currently using a hydrogel protector. It's a pain to put on, even worse than the old plastic film. Might hide any light scratches on your screen, though.
Mar 11, 2021
444 posts
305 upvotes
Have you found replacing the SP a few times tends to pull the olephobic coating off the screen?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2988 posts
2030 upvotes
Calgary
No protector here and I've never damaged a screen. I do use cases though but also rarely drop my phone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)