Computers & Electronics

How to mount Blink XT2 Camera without drilling holes for screws?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2019 10:40 pm
[OP]
Aug 19, 2012
911 posts
137 upvotes

How to mount Blink XT2 Camera without drilling holes for screws?

Does anybody have any ideas? I need to mount them so just leaving them on a shelf isn't an option. I don't want to drill any holes.

edit: I am going to be mounting 3 on a painted wall and 2 of them on the ceiling.
Last edited by derrickrose on Dec 3rd, 2019 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6834 posts
5738 upvotes
North York
TAPE? VELCRO? GLUE? SALIVA?
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1771 posts
91 upvotes
derrickrose wrote: Does anybody have any ideas? I need to mount them so just leaving them on a shelf isn't an option. I don't want to drill any holes.
Why don't you want to drill holes? What is the surface you're trying to mount to?
[OP]
Aug 19, 2012
911 posts
137 upvotes
comicbookguy wrote: Why don't you want to drill holes? What is the surface you're trying to mount to?
I am going to be mounting 3 on a painted wall and 2 of them on the ceiling.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
1771 posts
91 upvotes
derrickrose wrote: I am going to be mounting 3 on a painted wall and 2 of them on the ceiling.
I'm assuming it's all drywall then. I would try the 3M Command Strips for Large Picture frames. They can hold a considerable amount of weight. If that doesn't work, drilling a hole in drywall shouldn't be too hard to patch up. Just spackle, sand and repaint.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3168 posts
1187 upvotes
Montreal
3M command hooks.

Available at your local hardware store. Some dollaramas too.

3M says they don't damage paint or the gyproc, but in my experience, when they get old, you gotta be more careful when removing.
Don't lift them, pull them (parallel to the wall!)
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
26000 posts
3277 upvotes
Montreal
I removed my old intercom doorbell and used the same screw holes.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1437 posts
345 upvotes
Toronto
if it is for indoors try Velcro tape, although not sure if it will damage/mark up walls
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1329 upvotes
derrickrose wrote: Does anybody have any ideas? I need to mount them so just leaving them on a shelf isn't an option. I don't want to drill any holes.

edit: I am going to be mounting 3 on a painted wall and 2 of them on the ceiling.
Use 3-4 dabs of silicone on the sides and double sided tape in the center to tack it into place before the silicone dries. This way you can easily remove it without damaging the paint or wall.
Double sided arylic tape from 3M is another option, but they are expensive and I would'nt trust it if mounting high up because if it falls ...it's bye bye camera ...LoL